Eng Sr - Research
As a Principal Analyst and Research Engineer in the Planning and Control Technologies (PCT) directorate, you will provide research and technical leadership and hands-on algorithm design, implementation, and evaluation for state of the art Battle Management Command and Control technologies.
- advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts and contribute to the development of new principles and concepts
- Design and develop algorithms and interfaces between applications and simulations
- Work on unusually complex technical problems and provide solutions which are highly innovative and ingenious
- Work independently under consultative direction toward predetermined long-range goals and objectives
- Develop advanced technological ideas and guides their development into a final product
- Lead research efforts overseeing activities of other potentially junior personnel
- Interact directly with current and potential customers to understand their requirements and guide Research and Development efforts to meet their needs
- Support business development through identification of business opportunities, concept innovation, proposal writing, and customer interfacing
- Serve as an organization spokesperson on advanced projects and/or programs
- Act as an advisor to management and customers on advanced technical research studies and applications
The position may require occasional travel. This position offers significant opportunities for career growth in the leadership and development of scientific and mathematical software applications and algorithms.
Planning and Control Technologies (PCT) is a directorate within the BAE Systems Technology Solutions Fusion, Battle Management, and Computing technology group (TS FBC). PCT is a high growth, entrepreneurial organization that develops state-of the-art mission management technologies, components and systems for many customers in the defense industry. Today’s warfighters and intelligence analysts are overwhelmed with data and tasks from a variety of manned and unmanned vehicle systems. PCT helps the warfighter become more effective and efficient in managing networks of heterogeneous vehicles and payloads (e.g., multi-INT surveillance, weapons, non-traditional ISR), by developing automation that offloads manual asset control and optimizes the utility of the network while abiding by physical and operational constraints.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Human Resources Manager
Melissa advises BAE Systems on the full HR spectrum. She brings in new talent, prepares team members for success, pops in on payroll and benefits, and shapes the company’s culture.
Back to top