Eng Sr - Proc
The New Product Introduction (NPI) Pilot Line product stream is responsible for the first unit build of new hardware designs, including the development and maturation of the associated build processes and tooling in preparation for low rate production. Working closely with Program Engineering and being able to adapt to a rapidly changing environment makes the NPI Pilot Line a unique and exciting opportunity to influence the future success of production runs, and to have a positive impact by influencing the program and product before entering low-rate production.
BAE Systems is focused on enhancing operational Electronic Warfare capabilities for a wide variety of platforms. Constituent to the electronic warfare objectives of improving air vehicle survivability and executing the suppression and destruction of enemy air defenses, BAE Systems develops technology for RF sensing, signal processing, identification, detection, electronic attack, and geolocation of emitters.
Responsibilities may include:
- Develops new processes and identifies and implements changes in product flow to support the production ramp-up of SMT/through-hole products through application of lean manufacturing principles. Processes include stencil printing, pick and place, reflow soldering and flux cleaning.
- Supports new product introduction (NPI) for the next generation circuit card assemblies.
- Participates in and documents customer corrective action requests using 9 Step problem solving methodology. Performs Preliminary Material Review/Material Review Board (PMR/MRB) for the disposition of discrepant material and determination of root cause/corrective action.
- Defines and specifies the requirements for assembly tooling, fixtures and equipment to support current manufacturing operations and recommends changes for production ramp-ups.
- Identifies capital equipment needs based on production volume and evaluation of industry trends to improve product quality and consistency.
- Supports the implementation of new SMT assembly equipment including programming, process qualifications and supporting tooling design through the tooling group. Additional responsibilities include implementation of Total Production Maintenance (TPM) to minimize equipment down time and reduce process variation and the use of PFMEAs to identify process controls to prevent production problems.
- Participates in design reviews for product and process compatibility. Recommends product design and material changes based on improved manufacturing techniques; provides labor and process engineering costs required for proposal activities utilizing historical data and learning curve techniques.
- Provides technical leadership in the transitioning of designs to the manufacturing phase and monitors designs for compliance to design rules, standards and procedures in order to provide consistency in designs and manufacturing processes.
- Applies Six Sigma tools to solve production problems and improve existing processes.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Human Resources Manager
Melissa advises BAE Systems on the full HR spectrum. She brings in new talent, prepares team members for success, pops in on payroll and benefits, and shapes the company’s culture.
Back to top