Eng Sr - Proc
BAE SYSTEMS – SUPPLIER DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER
The Supplier Development Engineer is responsible for developing and managing supplier relationships to ensure on time delivery of products that meet BAE System's expectation for quality, delivery and cost.
Supplier Development EngineeR
- Improve quality, delivery & cost performance of suppliers through well thought out fact based improvement plans. Manage supplier improvement plans
- Conducting workshops (Kaizen events) at supplier locations, providing technical assistance or other support as required
- Provide leadership during investigations of major problems and or special projects focusing on developing strong partnerships with suppliers.
- Lead suppliers through the corrective action process when supplier rejects are issued.
- Function as liaison between purchasing, engineering, manufacturing and suppliers to resolve supplier performance issues and to provide technical support
- Analyze supplier quality & delivery metrics to identify trends and pinpoint systemic performance gaps and root causes
- Collaborate with teams, lead projects, and continuously drive improvement in the supply base
- Collaborate with procurement team to strategically source parts matched with supplier competencies
- Implement and monitor production part approval process with selected suppliers
- Assure supplier understanding of product and submission requirements
- Develop and approve process controls to control critical characteristics
- Recommend technical product improvements to reduce risk and potential defect opportunities
- Support for the preparation and maintenance of inspection plans
- Review and assess supplier manufacturing processes and quality systems. Provide feedback as appropriate on manufacturing methods and technologies. Demonstrate innovation, technical excellence, attention to detail, self-direction, & courage
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top