Eng Sr Principal SW
Have you ever wanted to know that the work you do is making a real difference?
Do you want to feel that your contribution will save people's lives both today and far into the future?
We at BAE Systems are looking for Senior Principal Software professionals that have at least a Secret Clearance as we create the world's most advanced technology-led solutions in the areas of Signals Intelligence (SIGINT) and Space Payload Systems. Our products provide critical mission capabilities to address the ever-evolving challenges and threats to our nation's security and the war fighter.
We are looking for Engineers with language skills in C++/C, JAVA, Python, and other scripting languages. Engineers with experience in network and computer security, Linux or other embedded operating systems and technologies. Engineers that enjoy the success of a technical team and want to lead that team to further successes.
You will leverage our current technologies, incorporate new technologies, and utilize modern development techniques to become a subject matter expert or leader in our engineering organization.
If you want to know the work you do will make a difference and have or want to develop experience with software solutions in the areas SIGINT or Space-based systems, we want to talk to you.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Secret or higher level security clearance
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- 8 or more years of C/C++ or JAVA design and programming experience
- Organized, communicates well, a team player, and able to lead a technical team
- Familiar with the full software lifecycle, modern development tools, embedded development, and system integration.
- Familiar with source code management tools
- Linux development experience
- Space payload or ground system experience
- Signal processing techniques
- Familiar using JIRA, Bitbucket (Git), Confluence, Collaborator tools
- Understanding of DevOps techniques
- Master's Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top