Eng Sr Prin - Test
BAE Systems is looking for a Senior Principal Test Engineer. The Senior Principal Test Engineer will be responsible for designing, developing and implementing manufacturing Test Solutions for BAE System ECS products. The Senior Principal Test Engineer will design and develop automated test hardware and software from Test Solution CONOPS for the production floor. This position requires participation in test requirement development to create clearly defined and structured Test Requirement Specifications (TRSs) and Test Design Description (TDD) documents for products to support In-Process (IP), Environmental Stress Screening (ESS), and Acceptance Test Procedure (ATP) testing. These documents will then be used to develop high level test scripts that sequence the test events into product Test Program Sets (TPSs). This role will also be responsible for integrating, verifying, validating and releasing TPSs that meets those requirements. The Senior Principal Test Engineer will also be required to report test engineering team progress through periodic status reports and use earned value metrics to track and report progress.
The successful candidate for this position will possess a complete understanding of the technical principles, theories, and concepts in the field of Test Engineering with a general knowledge of other related disciplines. This includes understanding the differences between developing test solutions for product qualification during Development Phases and product verification during Manufacturing Phases of a program. As a Senior Principal Test Engineer, the candidate shall be expected to work with only general directions to independently determine and develop approaches to manufacturing test solutions and have frequent inter-organizational and outside customer contacts, representing the organization in providing solutions to difficult technical issues associated with specific projects.
Responsibilities for the Senior Principal Test Engineer include:
- The development of instrument drivers, utilities, and executables used to support testing
- Executing verification activities, such as the command, control, and measurement of ancillary support equipment such as thermal chambers, product chillers, and other environmental conditioning equipment
- Integrate both BAE-developed and COTS hardware, software and firmware into automated test solutions
- Update existing production test solutions to address test reliability, test coverage or automation issues
- Author and present Test Solutions at formal Design Reviews
- Design of test adapters (Virginia Panel based integrated TAs, Cabled Fixtures, PWB Fixtures)
- Be proficient in NI LabWindows/CVI (C), NI Test Stand, Microsoft Visual Studio (C#) and MATLAB
- Have proven experience with various test equipment including: Power Supplies, Digital I/O, Oscilloscopes, Switch Matrices, DMMs, Counter/Timers, Thermal Controllers, from various manufacturers including Keysight, National Instruments, Ametek, Teradyne, Tektronix, Thermotron, Tenney, VTI and more
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top