Eng Sr Prin - Test
BAE Systems is looking for a Senior Principal Test Engineer. The Senior Principal Test Engineer will be responsible for designing, developing and implementing manufacturing Test Solutions for BAE System ECS products. The product levels range from boards and modules to subsystems using both "Vendor Supplied" and custom "In-House" developed test instruments. The Senior Principal Test Engineer will design and develop automated test hardware and software from Test Solution CONOPS for the production floor. This position requires participation in test requirement development to create clearly defined and structured Test Requirement Specifications (TRSs) and Test Design Description (TDD) documents for products to support In-Process (IP), Environmental Stress Screening (ESS), and Acceptance Test Procedure (ATP) testing. These documents will then be used to develop high level test scripts that sequence the test events into product Test Program Sets (TPSs). The Senior Principal Test Engineer will also be responsible for integrating, verifying, validating and releasing TPSs that meets those requirements. Depending on the product; the Senior Principal Test Engineer will be involved in providing test solutions as an individual contributor or as a team leader of a multi-function team. The Senior Principal Test Engineer will also be required to report test engineering team progress through periodic status reports and use earned value metrics to track and report progress.
The successful candidate for this position will possess a complete understanding of the technical principles, theories, and concepts in the field of Test Engineering with a general knowledge of other related disciplines. This includes understanding the differences between developing test solutions for product qualification during Development Phases and product verification during Manufacturing Phases of a program. The successful candidate shall be able to provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems, where solutions are imaginative, thorough, practicable, and consistent with organizational objectives. As a Senior Principal Test Engineer, the candidate shall be expected to work with only general directions to independently determine and develop approaches to manufacturing test solutions and have frequent inter-organizational and outside customer contacts, representing the organization in providing solutions to difficult technical issues associated with specific projects.
Responsibilities for the Senior Principal Test Engineer include:
- The development of instrument drivers, utilities, and executables used to support testing
- Executing verification activities, such as the command, control, and measurement of ancillary support equipment such as thermal chambers, product chillers, and other environmental conditioning equipment.
- Have an active role in test solution development, and production sustainment testing activities.
- Integrate both BAE-developed and COTS hardware, software and firmware into automated test solutions.
- Troubleshoot production and engineering failures using fault isolation and analysis.
- Identify root cause of failures for both the Unit Under Test (UUT) and developed test solutions and provide repair or maintenance guidance.
- Update existing production test solutions to address test reliability, test coverage or automation issues.
- Author and present Test Solutions at formal Design Reviews.
- Design of test adapters (Virginia Panel based integrated TAs, Cabled Fixtures, PWB Fixtures).
- Be proficient in NI LabWindows/CVI (C), NI Test Stand, Microsoft Visual Studio (C#) and MATLAB.
- Be familiar with C++, VHDL, Source Control (ClearCase/Subversion), Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office.
- Have proven experience with various test equipment including: Power Supplies, Digital I/O, Oscilloscopes, Switch Matrices, DMMs, Counter/Timers, Thermal Controllers, from various manufacturers including Keysight, National Instruments, Ametek, Teradyne, Tektronix, Thermotron, Tenney, VTI and more.
- Develop a productive working knowledge of the BAE Systems ITE processes and practices to be used during all program activities.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Human Resources Manager
Melissa advises BAE Systems on the full HR spectrum. She brings in new talent, prepares team members for success, pops in on payroll and benefits, and shapes the company’s culture.
Back to top