Eng Sr Prin - Sys
BAE Systems, Inc. is hiring Senior Avionics Engineers (background in Systems, Electrical, Software engineering) with over 10 years' experience in developing flight management, mission system or cabin system solutions for fixed and rotary wing platforms. Areas of demonstrated expertise in:
Aircraft Management Systems:
- Aircraft Networks, including Aircraft Data Network (AND / ARINC 664), Avionics Full-Duplex Switched Ethernet (AFDX), ARINC 429, ARINC 629, CAN, MIL-STD-1553, etc.
- Aircraft Communication and Navigation Systems
- Flight Instrument / Multifunction Display Integration
- Collision Avoidance and Warning Systems
- Weather Systems
- Aircraft Management Systems, including integrated modular avionic (IMA) architectures, real-time airborne network systems, Vehicle Health Management Systems, etc.
- Cabin Management Systems (public address, cabin interphone, lighting, attendant control, cabin displays / panel, etc.)
- Cabin Networks (copper, fiber-optic and wireless)
- External Camera Systems
- Environmental Control Systems
- Oxygen Systems, Waste / Water Systems
- Military Communication Networks
- HUD integration
- Radar / Sonar Integration
A Senior Avionics Engineer performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, evaluates alternatives including cost, risk, supportability and analyses for total systems. Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal. Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into total systems solutions. Translates customer requirements into hardware/software specifications. Performs system-level analyses, including:
- Size, Weight, Power and Cost (SWaP / C) analyses
- Safety and Hazard Analyses
- Reliability Analysis (MTBF, MTBUR, etc.)
- Familiarity with RTCA DO-178B/C and RTCA DO-245 Development Processes
- Architecture Studies, to include HW/SW Partitioning, Timing Analyses, Security Analyses, Criticality Analyses and Redundancy Analyses
The successful candidate will be responsible for the design and integration of complex engineering systems used for new platforms to modernize or upgrade existing systems. Demonstrated experience integrating avionic equipment onto aircraft. Knowledge & Experience in complete systems development life cycle from concept of operation to system environmental and EMI qualification testing (per RTCA DO-160) to flight / certification testing.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Human Resources Manager
Melissa advises BAE Systems on the full HR spectrum. She brings in new talent, prepares team members for success, pops in on payroll and benefits, and shapes the company’s culture.
Back to top