Eng Sr Prin - Proc
Senior Principal New Product Introduction Engineer
We are looking for an individual with strong Electro-Mechanical Manufacturing Engineering experience in CCA, Cables, Electronic Subassemblies, and Systems as well as good familiarity with mechanical design practices to support product development from design inception to production release. The successful candidate will be a subject matter expert (SME) in Manufacturing Engineering and have considerable hands on experience supporting production of low volume high mix electro-mechanical assemblies as well as experience supporting product development, design for manufacturability/testability, and transition to production (TTP).
Core responsibilities include:
- Partnering with Engineering to develop products that can cost effectively and reliably be manufactured and tested.
- Liaison between design engineering and the production factory for resolving technical issues in the design or manufacturing process.
- Represent manufacturing considerations by working closely with the design community and manufacturing to evaluate and select best trade-offs.
- Collaborate with supply chain on Make/buy determinations, preferred part selection, and supplier selection.
- Prepare presentations for and participate in Architecture Reviews, Design Reviews, Drawing Reviews, Manufacturing Readiness Assessments and Production Readiness Reviews.
- Participate in proposal and cost estimation activities including assembly and test labor as well as non-recurring cost estimates for process development, tooling, production readiness activity.
- Recommend design changes that improve assembly and test yields and reduce opportunities for manufacturing defects.
- Support Engineering and Prototype builds to ensure design and manufacturability issues are resolved and process instructions are detailed and accurate.
- Work closely with Process Engineering to ensure routings, process instructions, tooling are developed in a timely fashion as required to meet difficult schedule challenges.
- Develop unique tools, techniques, or processes as necessary.
- Analyze defect data and recommend changes in design, and/or manufacturing and test processes.
- Participate in the Change control process including release of new designs documentation as well as generation and review of design change requests.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Human Resources Manager
Melissa advises BAE Systems on the full HR spectrum. She brings in new talent, prepares team members for success, pops in on payroll and benefits, and shapes the company’s culture.
Back to top