Eng Sr Prin - Mech
BAE Systems is seeking Guidance Navigation & Control Engineers to support the Air Force's next generation Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) weapon system acquisition. Our customer is the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) Program Office located at Hill AFB, north of Salt Lake City, Utah. This will be a long term project with the weapon system anticipated to remain operational until 2075.
This position will be in the Burlington MA area in support of the GBSD Program Office at Hill AFB.
Specifically BAE Systems is seeking a versatile Mechanical Design Engineer to provide subject matter expertise to the Air Force in their evaluation of candidate Guidance, Navigation and Control (GNC) systems for the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent. Responsibilities include:
- Evaluation of candidate GNC systems' overall structural designs
- Assessment of the flow down of external vibration/shock environments to GNC components
- Evaluation of candidate GNC systems' overall thermal designs
- Assessment of candidate GNC systems interconnect mechanical designs both inter and intra LRU
- Evaluation of candidate GNC systems' packaging approaches at the LRU and electronics module levels
- Collaborate with manufacturing to assess producibility of contractor GNC designs
- Collaborate with Reliability, Availability, Maintainability (RAM) to assess the reliability of contractor GN&C designs
- Collaborate with system hardness engineer to assess contractor approaches to mitigating radiation environments
Additionally, this position will require the ability to work with coworkers in other facilities and the mentoring of junior and mid-level guidance engineers.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top