Eng Sr Prin - Log
-Develops plans for managing projects which will define the maintainability engineering products and analyses needed for successful project or program completion.
- Manages a team of Maintainability Engineers per the developed plan to ensure activities meet cost, quality, schedule, and performance requirements.
- Plans, schedules, conducts, and/or coordinates engineering work for several medium-sized projects and/or for a large-sized design/development project.
- Acts as the site technical expert to mentor and train less senior technical personnel in all aspects of Maintainability Engineering.
- Understands all aspects of Maintainability Engineering activities in order to drive efficiencies into the reparability of the system and reduce the downtime.
- Recommends changes to designs based on the analysis performed where opportunities exist to improve the supportability and life cycle cost of the system.
- Performs technical analysis, testing, calculations, and evaluation of results to solve complex engineering problems by creating or using computer programs, models, or simulations.
- Prepares and presents project technical results, recommendations, and solutions to internal and external customers.
- Develops and writes technical documentation, makes revisions to existing documentation, and provides input to technical papers or presentations.
- Involves planning and execution oversight of varied, complex tasks and multiple concurrent assignments; plans are typically integrated based upon the inputs of lower level product teams.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of relevant engineering discipline(s), industry practices, trends, and applications, providing subject matter expertise as a proven expert.
- Champion for rigorous adherence, enforcement, and responsible tailoring of applicable processes and work flow context.
- Responsible to promote engineering enterprise wide and/or cross organization of major new process development and introduction in complex domains and/or process areas.
- Solutions require application of diverse knowledge of advanced engineering principles and practices across multiple engineering disciplines.
- Interfaces cut across multiple engineering disciplines, multiple technical support functions, non-engineering functions, and external organizations at the Director and VP levels.
- May collaborate with BAE program managers and customer program managers to establish scope and direction and/or resolve complex technically oriented program issues.
- May require interaction with major development subcontractors in a technical oversight or technically directive capacity.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top