Eng Sr Prin III - Sys
The Remote Sensing Systems Engineering & Integration (SE&I) team El Segundo, CA has an immediate need for a Weather SEIT Lead with space system, satellite, and ground experience. This individual will have experience in Department of Defense (DoD) Space-Based systems. Candidate will provide SE&I support to the Weather Enterprise programs in support of the Space and Missile Systems Center Remote Sensing Directorate (SMC/RS). Candidate will support Environmental Monitoring program system engineering and integration activities to include requirements definition, change impact analysis, technical baseline and schedule integration, verification planning and execution, and risk/issue management. Candidate should have experience with space and ground systems (especially at SMC), system acquisition, and the systems engineering lifecycle. Major duties of the position include:
- Ensuring effective integration and planning across multiple space and ground programs, hardware and software, and all other aspects of systems and organizations within the Enterprise.
- Ensuring successful execution of all Weather systems engineering, integration, test and transition to operations activities.
- Providing leadership over planning and scheduling activities, as well as conducting schedule and manpower/cost analyses as required to ensure the government maintains proper levels of margin to manage risk.
- Interacting with the prime contractor and government leads to ensure that all system requirements are coordinated, scheduled and planned across the SMC/RS Enterprise.
- Supporting the customer in defining, capturing, and maintaining the technical, schedule, and cost risk data throughout the system lifecycle. Developing risk mitigation courses of action and assessing impacts of risks and proposed changes.
- Providing on-going communication, engagement and collaboration across the enterprise (space segment, ground segment, systems engineering, advanced planning, etc), while identifying and managing integration issues and risks.
- Performing technical reviews, and assessments; coordinating analyses efforts, methods, and techniques; developing products and briefings; and performing technical engagement with, and briefings for and to, government customers, stakeholders, and the prime contractor.
- Leveraging enterprise level systems engineering and integration processes to manage operational transition and fielding of a multi-segment complex system.
- Developing transition to operations plans and supporting reviews, as well as utilizing and improving systems engineering processes.
- Identifying issues, evaluating alternatives, developing plans, resolving technical issues, and interfacing with functional areas across the enterprise.
- Integrating activities over the lifecycle of systems within the Enterprise including pre-contractual, development production, operations and sustainment.
- Developing acquisition-related briefings, plans, papers, and other documentation in support of SMC/RS decision making.
- Collaborating with prime contractors, other support contractors, government civilians, and members of the U.S. Air Force.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Human Resources Manager
Melissa advises BAE Systems on the full HR spectrum. She brings in new talent, prepares team members for success, pops in on payroll and benefits, and shapes the company’s culture.
Back to top