Eng Sr Prin II - Research
Drawing from various disciplines, including estimation, optimization, probability, control theory, complex systems theory, and graph theory, the Integration and Information Analytics (I2A) group advances the state-of-the-art in data processing, complex adaptive systems modeling, and automated sensor control. Today's warfighter and intelligence analyst are overwhelmed with data from a wide variety of sensors and must act against an increasingly adaptive adversary. Our technologies span the Fusion stack from integration of multiple data products including radar, video, and signals intelligence into clear and consolidated situational awareness pictures to Fusion of theory and data within models of complex systems. Applications of our technology include: space, land, air, and maritime surveillance; IED detection; insurgent detection and tracking; border patrol, long-range strike systems, war gaming; and modeling adversary behavior. We are funded by various research organizations, including DARPA and the Air Force Research Laboratory, and focus on transitioning our technologies into operational systems.
As a Senior Principal Research Engineer, your responsibilities include setting technical direction on programs and technology capabilities, leading technical designs and technical teams, lead and contribute to conference and journal publications, and engage in the development and pursuit of business opportunities. We value candidates who are self-directed yet are good team players, entrepreneurial, goal- and success-oriented. We seek candidates who will share in the excitement that we have for protecting our service members, provide leadership for various complex problem areas, independently develop creative solution strategies, and work successfully in multi-disciplinary academic/industry teams.
- Doctorate degree in an Engineering or Scientific field discipline with 7+ years professional experience (specialization in Knowledge Management and Machine Reasoning valuable); Master's degree with 10+ years professional experience; Bachelor's Degree with 12+ years of experience.
- Strong analytic and project and personnel leadership skills
- Creates and analyzes highly complex software and/or system engineering architectures and designs
- Works across a broad range of disciplines to structure undefined programs, identifying key technical issues and defining alternative approaches and resolutions.
- Applies and develops advanced technologies, principles, theories, and concepts.
- Experience with software and system development lifecycle and development processes and procedures. Experience managing programs for highly complex software systems within budget and schedule.
- Proposal writing experience/aptitude.
- Demonstrated experience in impacting staff professional growth in a management or mentoring relationship
- May be called upon to represent the company in high visibility and rapid turnaround activities entailing travel and heavy customer/teammate interaction. Such activities are in quick response to unforeseen circumstances requiring a steep learning curve and tactful engineering professionalism.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Human Resources Manager
Melissa advises BAE Systems on the full HR spectrum. She brings in new talent, prepares team members for success, pops in on payroll and benefits, and shapes the company’s culture.
Back to top