Eng Sr Prin II - Mech
Located in Hudson, NH. This individual will work as a Senior Principal Mechanical Engineer / Hardware Lead on the Precision Guidance and Sensing Solutions engineering team supporting development and production of man-portable thermal imaging and missile seeker products.
As a Senior Principal Engineer you will lead and mentor mechanical engineers and drafting teams and oversee the design, integration, test and production of products while interfacing with other team members representing a wide range of disciplines, including program management, systems, electrical, software and manufacturing engineering and operations. You will work closely with members of program teams to achieve design, manufacturing and test objectives.
This individual will also have a proven track record in concept generation and trade studies, and meeting hardware unit cost and program budget and schedule objectives. The successful candidate will demonstrate a clear dedication to taking ownership of his or her work, a drive to not leave tasks incomplete or not understood, and be absolutely committed to making the team, product and program successful.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide Mechanical Engineering leadership to programs pertaining to both new designs and existing products in production.
- Organize a mechanical design team, develop work plans, assign and track work assignments.
- Track team progress and regularly communicate status to program leadership.
- Track, understand and flow down design requirements, including cost objectives and apply sound engineering principles and oversight to achieve program goals.
- Facilitate design reviews and customer/supplier interactions as required.
- Generate and present design review packages for internal and external audiences.
- Develop conceptual designs for new products and proposal efforts.
- Provide mentoring, teach and develop talent base of junior engineers.
- Perform root cause assessments on hardware failures. Identify solutions and perform analysis as required to verify validity of proposed solutions.
- Work with factory operations personnel to effectively implement improvements.
- Help plan and support the environmental testing of hardware including: vibration, shock, thermal, fatigue and others as required.
- Support new product development efforts through design and build of prototype systems in support of business development pursuits.
- Able to work on multiple assignments and with multiple teams simultaneously.
- Excels in problem solving and troubleshooting.
- Other duties as assigned.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Human Resources Manager
Melissa advises BAE Systems on the full HR spectrum. She brings in new talent, prepares team members for success, pops in on payroll and benefits, and shapes the company’s culture.
Back to top