Eng Sr Prin II
The New Product Introduction Engineers form the ES Defense Hardware Engineering Product Producibility and Launch (P2L) Organization for product development and production transition. Core responsibilities include:
- The P2L Engineer is a "Design for Excellence" (DFX) practitioner versed in DFM, DSSM, DFT, DTUPC and Transition to Production (TTP) methods, tools, and best practices
- Serves as a Program's P2L Capability Group (CG) Lead / focal point and coordinates all necessary P2L CG program staffing needs to include P2L Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), P2L Engineers resident to other CGs, and Technical Operations - Factory Process Leads
- Responsible Engineer for providing P2L CG design expertise on hardware products including participation in all internal design reviews and architecture review boards
- Drives producible product architecture early in the product life cycle providing a "Left Shift" mentality and ensures the use of manufacturing design guidelines during product development.
- Provides program expertise in the areas of Manufacturing Readiness Assessments (MRAs) as well as Production Readiness Reviews (PRRs)
- On programs, the P2L Program Engineer will report to the Project Technical Lead (PTL) and will be a leadership peer with the Hardware Manager, Operations Program Manager (OPM), Systems Engineering Manager (SEM), Software Manager, and Integrated Test Engineering (ITE) Lead.
- Serves as conduit to necessary Operations staffing to include Advanced Manufacturing, Process/Test Engineering, and Product Engineering
- Collaborates on Make/Buy decisions consistent with the Manufacturing Realization Strategy and Factory Capability Matrix.
- Ensures preferred part and supplier selection alignment with supply chain strategy.
- Utilizes Design to Cost (DTC) based on a Price-to-Win as a methodology to drive designs to converge on cost instead of allowing cost to converge on design.
- Understands design margins and predicts factory and supplier yields through CpK analysis.
- Serves as conduit between the Engineering team and Operations for resolving technical problems and for providing rapid prototyping technical support.
- Participates in proposal and cost estimating activities related to P2L CG activities.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top