Eng Sr Prin
The Combat Vehicles Product Producibility and Supply Chain Liaison (CV PP&SCL) Engineer works with advanced manufacturing to ensure Design for Manufacturability and Assembly (DFMA) expertise and leadership integration within programs. Included is assurance that DFMA influence is implemented early within the design process. The CV PP&SCL Engineer will report to the Verification and Validation Functional Engineering Manager, within the Platform and Services Combat Vehicle organization. The Engineer will disseminate necessary information to the engineering development resources to assure understanding of their roles in executing DFMA on development programs.
In this role, core responsibilities include:
- Ensuring Business Management Systems (BMS) engineering development processes emphasize the integration of DFMA into the development process;
- Enforcing the engineering community to follow the BMS engineering processes and promote the use of DFMA design guidelines during product development;
- Working with the engineering Training and Development team to develop standard DFMA training plans/tracking and determine the level of training and skill required to develop producibility "Subject Matter Experts" within the engineering group;
- Scheduling with advanced manufacturing periodic training to the engineering team in line with the engineering Training and Development Plan;
- Working with Program Engineering Managers (PEMs) and Program Managers (PMs) and Advanced Manufacturing to facilitate the integration of DFMA into the bidding, planning and execution of developmental programs to ensure producibility input occurs throughout the development phases beginning in the concept stage (drives producible product architecture early in the product life cycle) all the way through the drawing development and release;
- Participating in the Supplier Lifecycle Management team effort to help identify initiatives that will:
- Incorporate key supplier engagement in the design process;
- Solve on-going producibility issues with supplier parts;
- Facilitate the development of plans to qualify second sources for identified single source parts.
- Coordinating the involvement of engineering resources (for rotational and part time assignments) to work initiatives identified by the Supplier Lifecycle Management Steering Group (Supply Chain/Engineering/Quality Assurance);
- Coordinating either training or rotational assignments for Supply Chain resources within programs to educate them on the complexities of engineering development;
- Serving as conduit to ensure the necessary operations staffing for DFMA technical support for rapid prototyping;
- Ensuring preferred part and supplier selection alignment with supply chain strategy.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top