Eng Sr Prin
BAE Systems is hiring for a Power Electronics Engineer.
BAE Systems delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. If you are an individual that enjoys a cohesive team environment and is interested in a variety of challenges across a variety of products, then we are interested in hearing from you!
The qualified candidate will have experience in design, analysis, test and integration of motor drives, grid tie systems and exportable power as well as high power DC/DC converters. Responsibilities may include DC – AC, AC-AC and DC – DC power conversion from 1W – 1MW and 28 to 800VDC / 460VAC. Experience with power magnetics design, machine control and EMI control is also desirable. An individual at this level should demonstrate the leadership ability to lead small work groups or program teams.
Detailed design, analysis and testing of:
- Polyphase Motor Drive powertrains from thermal feasibility to detailed design of busbars, snubbers and DC link.
- Cost Effective Gate Driver Architectures and circuit design for MOSFET, Si IGBT and SiC devices
- Isolated and Non-Isolated High Power DC/DC converters (greater than 1kW)
- System level DC link interactions
- EMI Filters and control for high power inverters, motor drives and DC/DC converters
- Filters for importable and exportable sine wave power for grid tie and other applications
- Defining of requirements for motor control software and interfacing hardware components including voltage and current sensors, power stages, speed sensors
- Practical understanding to drive implementation of motor controller functionality, behaviors, and algorithms
- Develop, test and validate motor control algorithms in the laboratory and on target systems
- Architect and analyze vehicle level power systems potentially utilizing multiple Motor Drives, Energy Storage Systems, Fuel Cells, and DC/DC converters.
- Architect test fixtures and test systems for motor drives and other power conversion products
- Prepare and/or review documentation for power systems designs and architectures
- Perform circuit and/or power system integration at Circuit Board, Electronic Enclosure, and Vehicle Level
- Produce and/or review technical documents, test procedures, specifications and standards
- Prepare and present design reviews and customer technical presentations
- Write Technical Proposals
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top