Eng Sr - Mech
Experienced Mechanical Engineering position for a versatile candidate with strong analytical skills and a creative mind to develop and evaluate mechanical designs and solutions typically relating to military communications systems. Position requires a broad range of knowledge and the ability to quickly learn about various technical topics as new requirements arise. The position requires a very personable individual that can interface with other technical and non-technical individuals from within the company, other contractors, and Government customers.
Some example work tasks include:
- Brainstorming with a small team on a design concept or troubleshooting issue
- Develop 3D vehicle and integration systems models
- Design mechanical systems related to the integration of communications systems in
ground-based vehicles, UAVs, mobile facilities, fixed facilities, and small marine crafts.
- Design various control and/or power systems.
- Analyze mobile platforms for aircraft transport loading
- Perform finite element analysis (FEA) on various parts (may include structural, thermal,
- Research products and new technologies that meet may apply to customer requirements
- Troubleshoot various mechanical related issues for customers
This position is located in scenic and historic Southern Maryland in the St. Mary's County Technology Corridor adjacent to the Patuxent River Naval Air Station.
There is no monetary relocation assistance budgeted for this position. Applicants must be currently residing in or state willingness to relocate self to St. Mary's County, Maryland or surrounding areas.
Please be sure to address all requirements of posted requisition in resume. Only resumes that include all requirements will be considered.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top