Eng Sr - Log
-Develops plans for managing projects which will define the maintainability engineering products and analyses needed to be developed for a project or program. Ensures projects and tasks meet cost, quality, schedule, and performance requirements
- Identifies and defines the Line Replaceable Units and Modules or Shop Replaceable Units for which analysis needs to be performed.
- Develops calculations for Maintenance Ratio, Mean Time To Repair, and Max Time To Repair.
- Performs Level of Repair Analysis as required to determine the most cost effective alternative to perform maintenance tasks over the life of the end item of equipment
- Reviews the design concept and preliminary design for impacts to supportability. Influences the design effort to ensure maintenance tasks can be accomplished effectively by the end user.
- Recommends changes to designs based on the analysis performed to determine where opportunities exist to improve the supportability and life cycle cost of the system
- Performs maintenance task analysis defining maintenance tasks steps, equipment, tools, and personal requirements.
- Executes and reports on Logistics Demonstrations to demonstrate and validate that a system under design will be supportable when fielded.
- Applies broad knowledge of the design of organization's products, technology and systems interactions to solve complex engineering problems which have not been clearly defined and may not have similar precedents available.
- Develops and writes technical documentation, makes revisions to existing documentation, and provides input to technical papers or presentations. Delivers technical presentations.
Prepares and presents project technical results, recommendations, and solutions to internal and external customers.
- Performs technical analysis, calculations, and the evaluation of results to solve complex engineering problems using specialized software, models, or simulations.
- Provides input and status to project leaders on technical content, cost, schedule, and workload requirements.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with customers to resolve complex technical problems and implement solutions.
May direct the work of less senior technical personnel.
- Maintains a safe work environment and ensures compliance with safety objectives and policies and rules.
- Shares responsibility of self-development with immediate supervisor.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top