Eng Sr - Elec
BAE Systems is seeking a proactive engineer with diverse technical capabilities and demonstrated "hands-on" electrical engineering expertise. This individual will provide support to the design, development, integration/test, and production of dynamic IR based electro-optic military systems. The engineer will work closely with hardware integrated into a variety of complex products including lasers, receivers, sensors, and multi-axis beam directors. The individual must be a self-starter with development experience working with integrated military electronic hardware and related test equipment.
The selected candidate will be expected to execute in a small yet diverse team environment through all phases of the product life cycle from conceptual development and detail design through qualification, manufacturing transition and production support. The engineer will be responsible for developing robust hardware solutions to meet demanding customer requirements, and will leverage their electrical engineering expertise to perform circuit and CCA design and analysis, FPGA/CPLD design and development (Xilinx/Lattice), technical trade studies, analog/digital/mixed signal interface design, reverse engineering of legacy designs, component selection, evaluation of technology insertion/upgrades, as well as laboratory test and troubleshooting. Day to day, activities may range from designing circuits and conducting reviews to supporting prototype and design verification efforts.
With a product focus, the individual is also expected to actively partner with operations personnel to develop solutions that adhere to UPC, DFT, and DFM requirements. Additionally, the engineer will support resolution of technical issues that are discovered during manufacture and test of deliverable hardware. This will include evaluating and troubleshooting LRU and circuit card level issues, assessing test faults for root cause, identifying disposition/corrective actions, and evaluating test equipment performance and integrity.
The successful electrical engineering candidate should have applicable experience in the following areas:
- Design and development of IR technology hardware and systems
- Design of digital hardware that leverage embedded processors, microcontrollers, and VHDL based FPGAs that provide capability and functionality to a larger system
- Digital, Analog and Mixed Signal design and troubleshooting with an excellent working knowledge of common electronic circuits and components
- Design and development of motion systems including motors, encoders, controllers, laser diode drivers, airborne power systems
- Demonstrated experience in Product/Factory Support of DoD military electronics/avionics equipment
- State-of-the-art electrical engineering design tools
- Design and manufacturing standards associated with complex multilayer CCAs
- Strong "hands-on" laboratory experience with instrumentation, equipment, and processes
- Working experience with Interface standards including military/avionics communication buses (i.e. RS-485, Mil-Std-1553B, Ethernet)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
The ideal candidate will thrive in a learning environment that encourages leadership and technical growth.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top