Eng Sr - Elec
The individual selected for this position will be an experienced engineer with diverse technical capabilities and demonstrated "hands-on" electrical engineering expertise. The individual must be a self-starter with development experience working with complex integrated military avionics/electronic hardware and related test equipment. The engineer will work closely with hardware integrated into imaging, countermeasures, mission computing, and detection/warning systems.
The selected candidate will be expected to execute in a small team environment through all phases of the product life cycle from conceptual development and detail design through qualification, manufacturing transition and production support. The engineer will be responsible for developing robust hardware solutions and leverage their electrical engineering expertise to perform circuit and CCA design and analysis, FPGA/CPLD designs, technical trade studies, analog/digital/mixed signal interface design, reverse engineer legacy designs, component selection, evaluation of technology insertion/upgrades, and laboratory test and troubleshooting.
With a product focus, the individual is also expected to actively partner with operations personnel to develop solutions that adhere to UPC, DFT, and DFM requirements. Additionally, the engineer will support resolution of technical issues that are discovered during manufacture and test of deliverable hardware. This will include evaluating and troubleshooting LRU and circuit card level issues, assess test faults for root cause, identify disposition/corrective actions, and evaluate test equipment performance and integrity.
The selected electrical engineer is expected to have applicable experience in the following areas:
- Digital design and troubleshooting in the area of embedded processors, microcontrollers, and VHDL based FPGAs that provide capability and functionality to a larger system
- Analog and Mixed Signal design and troubleshooting with an excellent working knowledge of common electronic circuits and components
- Demonstrated experience in Product/Factory Support of DoD military electronics/avionics equipment
- State-of-the-art electrical engineering design tools
- Design and manufacturing standards associated with complex multilayer CCAs
- Strong "hands-on" laboratory experience with instrumentation, equipment, and processes
- Working experience with Interface standards including military/avionics communication buses (i.e. ARINC-429, RS-422, Mil-Std-1553, GigE, Ethernet)
- Standard backplane buses including VME, PCI, PCIE
- Technical leadership with strong written and verbal communication skills
The ideal candidate will thrive in a learning environment that encourages leadership and technical growth.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top