Eng Sr - Elec
The IEWS Sustainment team is looking for a highly motivated Product / Process Engineer to support multiple Sustainment activities. This position will be the hardware technical lead for the team, and will be the primary interface to program engineering teams in: troubleshooting test failures, transitioning test equipment to a production environment, identifying product and test deficiencies to improve product yield and flow through the factory, identifying capacity concerns across test resources and driving mitigations to closure and sustaining technical production tasks.
This position will include the following activities:
- Support the test and troubleshooting of systems, modules and sub-assemblies of mixed technology (RF, Digital, and Optical) modules, working directly with production and program engineering personnel as required
- Interface with Engineering, Operations, Quality and other supporting functions to drive defect resolution to root cause
- Generate and implement improvements in product and test design and methodologies to reduce cost, increase yield, and improve throughput
- Generate and review the technical content of test procedures, drawings, engineering specifications, reports, Engineering Change Orders, and other documentation
- Interface with governmental customers, auditors, and suppliers as required
- Provide training and support to manufacturing personnel
- Support relocation of test equipment between manufacturing sites and lead transition to production
- Support Root Cause and Corrective Action activities
- Identify and implement Engineering Change Orders on products as required
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Human Resources Manager
Melissa advises BAE Systems on the full HR spectrum. She brings in new talent, prepares team members for success, pops in on payroll and benefits, and shapes the company’s culture.
Back to top