Eng Sr - Elec
Electronic Combat Solutions business area is seeking electrical / FPGA engineering candidates interested in leadership and project management roles on new development and/or established programs. Responsible for leading a small team of multidisciplinary engineers or Firmware/FPGA engineers in the technical development, testing or sustainment of complex Electronic Warfare systems, specifically module design or FPGA and Verification design.
Must demonstrate strong technical aptitude and leadership skills. Must be able to lead small to mid-sized multidisciplinary hardware engineering teams or FPGA design teams through one or more phases of the hardware product lifecycle, including proposals, design, development, integration, test, transition to production and/or sustainment.
Must have excellent leadership skills, communication skills and be able to work cross-functionally within the hardware organization and with other engineering disciplines/functions.
Responsibilities may include:
- Detailed project planning and execution of all hardware or firmware/FPGA content, including cost, schedule, staffing and technical oversight.
- Lead a team of 3 - 10 multidisciplinary hardware personnel; including electrical engineers, RF engineers, FPGA engineers, mechanical engineers, design drafting and technicians.
- Serve as the Project Manager / Control Account Manager (CAM) for all hardware content; manage weekly reporting of schedule and financial status, generate recovery plans for any schedule and cost variances and manage risk/opportunities and associated mitigation plans.
- Coordinate with cross-functional disciplines, such as Program Management, Systems Engineering, Software, Integrated Test Engineering and Operations.
- Participate in weekly Program Management Meetings.
- Provide daily work direction to other employees on a regular basis. Mentor peers and more junior engineers in areas of expertise.
- Provide inputs on personnel performance.
- Interface, coordinate and negotiate with company personnel, customers and suppliers.
- Support proposal efforts to capture new business.
- Regularly exercise discretion and independent judgment in technical areas. Exercise considerable judgment in determining objectives.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Human Resources Manager
Melissa advises BAE Systems on the full HR spectrum. She brings in new talent, prepares team members for success, pops in on payroll and benefits, and shapes the company’s culture.
Back to top