Eng Prin - Test
BAE Systems is looking for a Principal Test Engineer. This test engineer will participate in and/or lead a small team in test requirement development to create clearly defined and structured Test Requirement Specifications (TRSs) and Test Design Description (TDD) documents for a given product to support in-process, environmental stress screening (ESS), and acceptance test procedure (ATP) testing, and then use them to develop test stands, hardware test interface equipment (ITAs) and software test scripts that sequence the test events. They will be responsible for integrating, verifying, validating and releasing the test software that meets those requirements. Principal Test Engineers may possess a varying mix of hardware and software skills. Principal Test Engineers will also be involved in team leadership and dynamics. Principal Test Engineers may also report test engineering team progress through periodic status reports and use earned value metrics to track and report progress.
Types of products that the Principal Test Engineer will be responsible for include: test stands, ITAs, test software, board level tests, module level tests of analog, digital, RF, and hybrid systems at the assembly, line-replaceable card/module/unit, and subsystem levels using both COTS and custom test instruments. Responsibilities may also include the development of instrument drivers, utilities, and executables used to support testing and verification activities, such as the command, control, and measurement of ancillary support equipment such as thermal chambers, product chillers, and other environmental conditioning equipment for system development, production, and sustainment testing activities.
The successful candidate for this position will:
- Possess an understanding of and be able to apply technical principles, theories, and concepts in the field of test engineering with a general knowledge of other related (mechanical, electrical and software) disciplines.
- Provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems, where solutions are imaginative, thorough, practicable, and consistent with organizational objectives.
- Work under only general direction. Independently determine and develop approaches to solutions.
- Provide technical direction to a small team of test development engineers
- Contribute to the completion of specific programs and projects.
- Manage budget, schedule and performance of the team's work products
- Will have frequent inter-organizational and outside customer contacts, representing the organization in providing solutions to difficult technical issues associated with specific projects.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top