Eng Prin - Sys
The Remote Sensing (RS) Systems Engineering & Integration (SE&I) team in El Segundo, CA has an immediate need for a Weather Ground Integrator. This individual will be a Systems Engineer focused on RS Weather Program Ground System Integration with experience in Department of Defense (DoD) Space-Based systems. Candidate will support effective documentation and management of mission management, mission processing and communications network interfaces for RS Weather space and ground systems. Candidate will perform integration activities for ground system acquisition, development, transition, operations, logistics, and sustainment elements to identify and manage risks, issues, and interdependencies, and identify disconnects between integration products (schedules, risks, contracts, etc). The candidate will develop action plans for resolution and assist the Government in executing selected solutions. Candidate should have experience with ground and space system acquisition, and general systems engineering. Major duties of the position include:
- Effective integration across space and ground, hardware and software, and all other aspects of systems and organizations within the Enterprise.
- Define and execute Weather Ground System integration tasks.
- Interacting with the prime contractor and government leads to ensure that all system and interface requirements are consistent and valid across the SMC/RS Enterprise.
- Supporting the customer in defining, capturing, and maintaining the technical, schedule, and cost risk data throughout the system lifecycle as well as developing risk mitigation courses of action and assessing impacts of risks and proposed changes.
- Developing, documenting, executing, integrating and evolving systems engineering processes as required to enable effective SMC/RS systems engineering and integration efforts.
- Integrating activities over the Weather Ground System lifecycle, including pre-contractual, development and production, transition to operation, as well as operations and sustainment.
- Developing acquisition-related briefings, plans, papers, and other documentation in support of SMC/RS decision making.
- Collaborating with prime contractors, other support contractors, government civilians, and members of the U.S. Air Force.
Required Experience, Skills and Attributes:
- Bachelor's Degree in Math, Science or Engineering
- Strong, proactive individual who takes the initiative to identify, own and solve customer problems
- 9+ years of demonstrated system engineering experience with space, ground, operations and sustainment segments of a DoD program
- Candidate should have experience with Space systems (especially SMC), Weather systems, ground and space system acquisition, and systems engineering experience
- Experience with requirements and interface management, risk management, change boards and change board environment
- Experience working with Air Force/DoD customers in an acquisition environment
- Experience writing and delivering technical documents and briefings
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills as well as organizational skill
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills to enable working, interfacing, and interrelating with diverse personnel and dynamic teams
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Human Resources Manager
Melissa advises BAE Systems on the full HR spectrum. She brings in new talent, prepares team members for success, pops in on payroll and benefits, and shapes the company’s culture.
Back to top