Eng Prin - Sys
The Remote Sensing (RS) Systems Engineering & Integration (SE&I) team in El Segundo, CA has an immediate need for a Systems Engineer with experience in Department of Defense (DoD) space-based remote sensing systems. Candidate will provide SE&I support to the Air Force's Overhead Persistent Infrared (OPIR) programs in support of the Space and Missile Systems Center Remote Sensing Directorate (SMC/RS). Candidate will review and support definition of requirements, CONOPS, and integration plans for new system elements. Candidate should have experience with, system acquisition, systems engineering lifecycle, and architecture development for space and ground systems (especially at SMC). Major duties of the position include:
- Providing requirements, CONOPS and interface control documentation support for new elements of the OPIR system.
- Leading interface trade studies in collaboration with development, operations, and sustainment stakeholders to evaluate and optimize interfaces in support of current and future operational requirements.
- Evaluate existing architecture and interface products for suitability and produce new architecture and interface products that meet program acquisition, operations, and sustainment requirements.
- Analyze and manage proposed changes to existing architectural and interface control documentation under configuration control by SMC/RS.
- Manage interdependencies, identify disconnects between current/future architectures and interfaces, identify and conduct key system trades to resolve current system interface issues
- Identify and manage risks and develop risk mitigation courses of action.
- Provide expert analysis to assess impacts of ongoing and future changes involving SMC/RS systems and their interfaces with external systems.
- Support the development of acquisition-related briefings, plans, papers, and other documentation in support of SMC/RS decision making.
- Collaborating with prime contractors, other team contractors, government civilians, and members of the U.S. Air Force.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Human Resources Manager
Melissa advises BAE Systems on the full HR spectrum. She brings in new talent, prepares team members for success, pops in on payroll and benefits, and shapes the company’s culture.
Back to top