Eng Prin - Sys
BAE Systems Manassas is seeking a Systems Engineer to support the Space Systems line of business for the Electronic Solutions sector. Known as an industry leader for its suite of radiation hardened products, BAE Systems Manassas leverages decades of expertise to build a robust Space product line. BAE Systems Space products can be found on almost all commercial, civil and national security space missions for the past 20 years. These missions include GPS, weather monitoring, satellite TV and radio, and exploring the universe (most notably the computers on all of the Mars rovers). From semiconductor components to ASICS to Circuit Card Assemblies and Sub-Systems, our products are ubiquitous throughout Earth's orbit and beyond. BAE Systems - Space Systems creates capability that supports their overall mission: "We protect those who protect us."
A Systems Engineer with experience in the design, development and operation of space hardware and/or payloads for government and defense applications is desirable. This position requires some background in the design patterns and practices for space hardware, to include techniques for addressing impact of operating in the space environment, and testing for compliance with space system requirements. Additional background in the fundamentals of hardware design, particularly with respect to any of the following:
- Embedded processor systems architecture, design, sizing, performance analysis and implementation, Reconfigurable and FPGA-based electronics architecture
- OpenVPX and SpaceVPX system designs and implementations
- Fault tolerance evaluation and system dependability architectures
- Plug and play and other software-based systems utilizing heterogeneous processing elements from applications through middleware and firmware to board support
- Standards-based systems design, embedded standards development, management and ratification ASIC/FPGA architectures and requirements management
For good performers who wish to continue education in a related field, tuition reimbursement is available.
- Derive system and subsystem level requirements
- Develop system/component test plans and procedures
- Develop material for design reviews
- Support design trades/analysis and development
- Support product/prototype development
- Support integration and test activities
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top