Eng Prin - SW
Serves as Sr. Software Engineer with the IT/IS Compute Services Exploitation Software O&S Team, providing systems administration, integration, establishing new user accounts, assigning privileges, maintaining and troubleshooting systems and software problems.
- Provide Tier II and Tier III levels of support in a Red Hat Linux environment.
- Responsible for establishing and updating procedures and documentation and performing daily system monitoring and maintenance; providing direct customer support on specified IT/IS supported architecture and systems.
- Interfaces with other segments of the Washington Area Library Architecture (WALA) to maintain softcopy product availability and maintain CORBA transaction management.
- Requires a knowledgeable use of Red Hat Linux, C++, Perl, JAVA, and HTML.
- Provide operations support including technical investigation, trouble shooting, work-arounds and emergency fixes to keep the NES system operating in a 24x7 environment.
- Responsible for applying problem-solving techniques to identify issues in the database and software; developing processes and tools to enable better troubleshooting and monitoring of the WALA systems; interfacing with the database, server and data validation teams; and taking corrective action through the use of tools integral to the system.
- Capture and document problems thru investigative techniques and provide information in the form of PRs (Problem reports) to be worked by the development contractor.
- Monitor, capture and provide a real-time display of the status of the overall WALA architecture used by all segments to ensure its overall health and stability.
- Establish new user accounts, assigning privileges, and maintaining system security, troubleshooting system and software problems; establishing and updating procedures and documentation and performing daily system monitoring and maintenance, data backup and restoration, data processing utilities, shell scripting, batch processing, security log audits, creation and deployment of server.
- Customer service and collaboration are required when interacting with the Development Contractor and ISP contractors for incident resolution and ensure enterprise system availability.
- Interface with site Help Desk and trouble reporting system.
- Assist end users with the use of the system and applications.
- Maintain Windows, Linux and Unix Systems for a high visibility national system comprised of multiple servers at local and remote locations.
- Administer standalone and network installation, file system management, backups, process control, user administration, and device management.
- Responsible for resolving a wide variety of complex system failures, troubleshooting software, hardware, and network problems, and monitoring and addressing Service Center trouble tickets and ISR's as required.
- Team provides 24x7 on-site support to mission critical systems and user support and administration.
- Provide O&M functions such as hard drive removal, performance optimization, and research and installation of current patches, and where applicable install and support storage peripherals.
- Participate in Technical Exchange Meetings (TEMs) with various Government Technical Officers and External Customers to determine procedures, modifications, software modifications, hardware modifications, or development of future technologies or capabilities related to data management or data validation.
- Generate Discrepancy Reports (DRs) and Requests for Change (RFCs) and track progress made to rectify discrepancies.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top