Eng Prin - Quality
This is a Regional Position in the York / Philadelphia Pennsylvania area.
We are looking for an experienced Supplier Quality Engineer to implement tools and processes to insure suppliers in the Cable and Harness commodity starting new work are prepared and have robust plans to deliver first time quality to BAE program customers and improve currently manufactured products. The person will also investigate, evaluate, and resolve supplier quality problems by conducting audits, analyzing defect trends, and leading continuous improvement projects. The Supplier Quality Engineer will conduct capability assessments that verify supplier qualifications, travel to assigned suppliers, and lead multiple projects to completion. You must be a self-starting problem solver who will utilize your analytical skills to find innovative solutions to quality-related issues. Strong communication skills are required to insure suppliers understand requirements and expectations, make progress reports and present findings.
You will be reporting to the Supplier Quality Manager.
Expected Travel requirement: Approximately 50% plus. This will be a mix of local, day visits as well as some overnight travel, outside the local area.
Additionally you will:
- Utilize supplier Scorecards/metrics and analytical tools to quantify performance levels of individual suppliers and work with those suppliers to develop improvement plans to achieve 100% quality performance
- Evaluate the impact of nonconforming product and assess suppliers' corrective actions
- Champion problem solving and root cause analysis activities with suppliers to eliminate recurrence of non‐conformances
- Perform Source Inspection of product at supplier locations
- Perform and Evaluate First Article Inspections per the requirements of AS9102 as well as train suppliers to meet BAE's expectations
- Drive "Zero Defect" mentality within the supply base
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top