Eng Prin - Mfg
Ensure the effective application, integration and measurement of manufacturing techniques and resources that successfully accomplish manufacturing processes/activities in support of quality, cost and schedule objectives. Develop and implement cost effective manufacturing methods, testing and flow of material. Acts as liaison between Manufacturing, Engineering and suppliers resolving constraints and insuring cost effective methods, processes, testing and flow of material. Participate as a member of an integrated product team for existing products and new product introduction. Participates in determining and providing an optimum plan of operation, equipment, space requirements, and related facilities for assigned areas. Supports both high volume manufacturing along side of low volume, highly technical and complex electronic assemblies, prototype and process development. Supports the development of new methods, processes, and equipment and applies them to the manufacturing operation. May provide technical support to, and assist in determining the technical and manufacturing capability of vendors. Manages resources and provides status information and feedback to internal customers and managers.
PRIMARY DUTIES ANDRESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops complex work instructions, software, and procedures in support of manufacturing processes
- Develops training programs and provides manufacturing personnel with training and technical guidance
- Performs complex methods (and cost) analysis and conducts process measurements
- Develop new manufacturing processes / tooling, resolve manufacturing constraints including development of labor standards and controls to ensure accurate and consistent measurement of assembly and test performance
- Review/approves engineering drawings/design changes for producibility and coordinates first article assembly from release through delivery
- Assist in the resolution of supply chain issues impacting manufacturing as well as supplier feedback, selection and technical assistance
- Represents manufacturing at design reviews, Configuration Control Board (CCB), make versus buy meetings, and Material Review Board (MRB) meetings
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Human Resources Manager
Melissa advises BAE Systems on the full HR spectrum. She brings in new talent, prepares team members for success, pops in on payroll and benefits, and shapes the company’s culture.
Back to top