Eng Prin - Mech
BAE Systems in Manassas, VA is looking for a Mechanical Engineer to support the printed circuit card and system design for the Space line of business and the Electronic Combat Solutions line of business for the Electronic Solutions sector. Known as an industry leader for its suite of radiation hardened products, BAE Manassas leverages decades of expertise to build a robust Space product line. BAE Systems Space products can be found present on almost all of commercial, civil and national security space missions for the past 20 years; including GPS, weather monitoring, satellite TV and radio, exploring the universe; most notably the Mars rovers and missions to protect those who protect us. From semiconductor components to ASICS to Circuit Card Assemblies and Sub-Systems, our products are ubiquitous throughout Earth's orbit and beyond.
The engineer in this position will :
- Apply knowledge of Mechanical design principles to assess and resolve product/process issues through the product lifecycle.
- Analyze requirements, design systems and structures, participate in formal design reviews, and release associated drawing through the BAE release process.
- Apply engineering principles to research technical, operational and quality issues and design interim and engineering solutions.
Typical Education & Experience
Required Skills and Education
- BS/MS Mechanical Engineering
- Experience in mechanical design or analysis of electronic systems, electronic packaging, Printed Wiring Boards (PWB), Circuit Card Assemblies (CCA's) and/or mechanical enclosures
- Strong understanding of mechanical engineering principles, materials, mechanics and heat transfer
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Highly motivated
- 3+ years Creo experience
- 5+ years design and drafting experience
- 8+ years Creo experience
- ANSYS experience
- Familiar with GD&T
- 10+ years circuit board / electronics design and drafting
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Back to top