Eng II - Sys
Systems Engineer II – 9B
Note: Sterling Heights is preferred location for this position and candidates from other sites will be considered.
Systems Engineer to work in multi-disciplinary team environment performing systems engineering tasks for military vehicle development programs. Responsibilities include requirements development, obsolescence management, Size, Weight, Power, Cooling and Cost (SWaP-CC) management, risk assessments, and trade study documentation.
- Develop component level performance specifications by managing requirements in IBM Rational DOORS database tool (specifications could include mechanical or electronic components such as engine, ventilation fan, turret control box)
- Review drawings, Bill of Materials (BOMs), and different databases to identify critical components for obsolescence management. Engineer will track usage and availability of critical components using obsolescence best practices, and interface with suppliers, internal supply chain, manufacturers, and distributors to identify obsolete parts and alternatives.
- Manage Size, Weight, Power, Cooling and Cost (SWaP-CC) for vehicle platforms
- Create requirements traceability in DOORS database
- Work with Integrated Product Teams to understand and document requirements compliance.
- Define interfaces between assigned sub-system and components (thermal, signal, data, etc.).
- Support development of architecture using model based systems engineering tools.
- Develop trade studies to drive design decisions and document trade study results.
- Document concept design decisions and support generating system design concept descriptions and capability assessments.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Human Resources Manager
Melissa advises BAE Systems on the full HR spectrum. She brings in new talent, prepares team members for success, pops in on payroll and benefits, and shapes the company’s culture.
Back to top