Eng II - Elec
The Electronic Combat Solutions business area is seeking electrical engineering candidates interested in supporting a dynamic factory environment and have the ability to resolve technical engineering issues. This position will be to provide engineering support to a multi-disciplinary engineering team. In general, this position will support test failures, transitioning test equipment to a production environment, identifying product and test deficiencies to improve product yield and flow through the factory, identifying capacity concerns across test resources and driving mitigations to closure and sustaining technical production tasks on complex electro-mechanical modules and assemblies.
Must possess strong technical aptitude, leadership skills, communication skills and be able to work cross-functionally within the hardware organization and with other engineering disciplines/functions. Must be able to exercise discretion and independent judgment in technical areas.
This position will include the following activities:
- Support the test and troubleshooting of systems, modules and sub-assemblies of mixed technology (RF, Digital, and Optical) modules, working directly with production and program engineering personnel as required
- Interface with Engineering, Operations, Quality and other supporting functions to drive defect resolution to root cause
- Generate and implement improvements in product and test design and methodologies to reduce cost, increase yield, and improve throughput
- Generate and review the technical content of test procedures, drawings, engineering specifications, reports, Engineering Change Orders, and other documentation
- Interface with governmental customers, auditors, and suppliers as required
- Provide training and support to manufacturing personnel
- Support relocation of test equipment between manufacturing sites and lead transition to production
- Support Root Cause and Corrective Action activities
- Identify and implement Engineering Change Orders on products as required
- Provide daily work direction to other employees on a regular basis. Mentor peers and more junior engineers in areas of expertise.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Human Resources Manager
Melissa advises BAE Systems on the full HR spectrum. She brings in new talent, prepares team members for success, pops in on payroll and benefits, and shapes the company’s culture.
Back to top