Eng II - Aero
Background: BAE Systems is looking for well qualified professionals to join our team for an exciting opportunity to support the procurement of the USAF GBSD (Ground Based Strategic Deterrent) ICBM program. The ICBM System Program Office must prepare a sustainment and acquisition concept to ensure a safe, secure and reliable MM III weapon system as required by the war fighter (Air Force Global Strike Command) through 2030. This activity replaces the current ICBM Prime Integration Contract (IPIC) and is identified as the Future ICBM Sustainment and Acquisition Construct (FISAC). The GBSD Integration Support Contract (ISC) will not only assist in acquisition and technical sustainment engineering, but also help train and develop this capability in the government. This contract will augment organic resources by providing breadth and depth of capabilities for system engineering and integration, risk management, technical assessment, acquisition program management, strategy development, organization and change management, interface with operations and logistics, business analysis, mission effectiveness, and ICBM Demonstration/Validation (Dem/Val) Integrated Applications Programs.
Location: The position will be located at Hill AFB, Utah.
Job Description: This position is for a qualified Aeronautical Engineer with basic experience and high motivation to design and develop aerospace-related models, simulations, and other analytical applications. The employee will:
- Apply their knowledge to design, develop, test, and apply software tools to perform various assessments and simulations of the subject weapons system and/or sub-systems.
- Determine the requirements for, and translate those requirements into, the design of aerospace-related models, simulations, and other analytical applications.
- Operate in a Model-Based Engineering (MBE)/Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) environment that will significantly influence decisions.
- Be agile in task management and response to leadership priorities on a quick-moving, high-visibility technical program with many stakeholders.
- Support USAF uniformed and civilian leadership (the Customer) in their definition of program requirements and schedule.
- Conceive, communicate, and execute courses of action to help a team of fellow developers, users, and system administrators achieve program goals under highly dynamic situations.
- Learn new software tools and techniques quickly within a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Help define, implement, and enforce engineering design and software development and documentation standards, allowing for the future interpretation and modification of their work.
- Be self-motivated and capable of blazing new paths in areas where opportunities for highly valued contributions are abundant, but clear direction may not yet be fully established.
- Demonstrate and apply excellent collaboration, communication and presentation skills, as their products will have high visibility within the GBSD program as well as Air Force and DoD leadership.
This position requires the applicant to be capable of learning quickly and operating well within a multi-disciplinary environment. They must be self-motivated and capable of blazing new paths in areas where opportunities for novel contributions are high, but uncertainty may also be high and clear direction is not yet fully established. Excellent organization, oral and presentation skills are also required as their products may have high visibility within the GBSD program as well as Air Force and DoD leadership. Due to the broad experience with the system that the applicant will gain in this position they may be relied upon for integration, leadership and discipline specific support at various levels within the GBSD program.
A current security clearance is highly desired. Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance is required.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security: BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Information Solutions, based in Reston, Virginia, is among the 10 largest IT providers to the U.S. government, serving most of the federal defense and civilian marketplace. It provides network-centric command, control, computing, and intelligence solutions; wideband networking radio systems; information systems for the U.S. intelligence community; geospatial information services; and information technology services. Leveraging its knowledge of signals and data derived from signals, Information Solutions has attained a market-leading position in advanced information technology research, intelligence analysis and production, and geospatial exploitation software. People are the greatest asset in any Company. BAE Systems is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top