Eng I - Sys
BAE Systems is looking for a qualified professional to join our team for an exciting opportunity supporting sustainment efforts for the Minuteman III Intercontinental Ballistic Missile weapon system. The Minuteman III is a 1970s era weapon system and is scheduled to be retained as the United States military’s prompt, global strike deterrent system until at least 2030. To maintain the system, a number of issues associated with obsolescence of the system will be addressed. Qualified candidates will:
1. Perform Electrical engineering work which requires a highly diversified application of engineering principles, theories, concepts and precedents.
2. Perform professional technical assignments and coordinates work of other engineers in the professional technical analysis, design or test on one or more complex components or functional systems of products requiring the full use and wide application of established engineering principles, theories, concepts and precedents in the field plus a working knowledge of other related disciplines.
3. Conduct research in areas which require a moderate level of expertise and knowledge in areas of specialization and some related fields.
4. Devise new techniques and approaches and provide solutions to a wide range of technical problems by drawing on his/her own areas of technical specialty and consulting with other engineering specialists for technologies where he/she does not have in-depth expertise. Make
5. Evaluate plans and criteria for technical activities in his/her specialty and recommends alternatives as required to comply with customer and company obligations. May lead projects or segments of major projects responsible for achievement of schedule, cost and technical performance objectives.
6. Review and coordinate work of team members to ensure progress is maintained to achieve specified aims; interprets and directs the preparation of data for reports on technical findings, recommendations, accomplishments and progress measured against specific plans.
7. Attend conferences and meetings to represent assigned activity.
8. Maintain knowledge in area of specialization and a few other related fields. Is cognizant of developments in the remaining related fields.
Assignments are broad and will include development of new techniques as a result of research; development and evaluation of plans and procedures; theoretical computations and analysis; design and development of equipment with many complex features; testing of procedures, equipment, materials. Makes extensive contributions to proposal efforts. Responsible for the conduct and performance of assignments.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Human Resources Manager
Melissa advises BAE Systems on the full HR spectrum. She brings in new talent, prepares team members for success, pops in on payroll and benefits, and shapes the company’s culture.
Back to top