Eng I - SW
BAE's Electronic Systems (ES) is looking for candidates to join our software engineering team. We have entry level positions for talented software engineers who want to work at a progressive company where technical excellence is highly valued. Our mission is "We protect those who protect us", and as a Software Engineer at Electronic Systems, you will develop your software engineering skills while helping us protect the brave men and women in our armed forces, intelligence communities and first responders.
ES develops high-quality software that is fielded on everything from Electronic Warfare (EW) mission systems that integrate state of the art radar warning, electronic support measures, broadband electronic attack, and electronic protection, to state of the art sensors, displays and lasers that provide superior imaging, targeting, guidance, and survivability capabilities directly to our warfighters. Our systems also provide actionable intelligence for our warfighters through electronic products and innovative technical solutions with our SIGINT and GEOINT/ISR group. Electronic Systems' software is deployed in the depth of the ocean to outer space, and everywhere in between, protecting those who protect us.
On top of numerous diverse and challenging career opportunities, BAE offers flexible schedules (including every other Friday off), competitive compensation, and an excellent benefit package that includes tuition reimbursement.
Entry level candidates are exposed to the full software life-cycle, from requirements development through integration and testing. We achieve this exposure as part of our rotation program for college graduates. You can expect to rotate to a new project, business area, or project phase several times over the first few years of your career. This maximizes your awareness of the vast number of technologies that are used at BAE, and exposes you to the wide variety of career opportunities and growth paths that are available.
Responsibilities of an entry level software engineer include:
- Coding and testing moderately complex software programs
- Assisting in other software engineering activities such as integration testing, algorithm & data analysis, and software troubleshooting
- Working in a team environment supporting multiple projects that utilize a common software architecture
- Performing software development utilizing sound software engineering principles and conforming to existing code development strategies and processes
- Utilizing either Windows PC or Linux based software development environment and either x86 or PowerPC target and test environment
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Human Resources Manager
Melissa advises BAE Systems on the full HR spectrum. She brings in new talent, prepares team members for success, pops in on payroll and benefits, and shapes the company’s culture.
Back to top