Eng I - Proc
Duties and Responsibilities:
Provides tooling design, data analyses, sustaining and process development support for the Circuit Card Assembly factory through hands-on problem solving, data analyses and application of engineering, Six Sigma and lean manufacturing principles to improve product flow and product yields. This position is to support the first shift factory operations.
Responsibilities may include:
- Designs tooling in support of the conformal coating, selective soldering and other CCA front end processes. Leads a technician in the design and implementation of the tooling and works to improve existing tooling to facilitate assembly and improve yields.
- Develops processes on new equipment in support of factory expansions. Is responsible for optimizing and documenting process using Six Sigma methodologies learned in BAE Green Belt training.
- Identifies key process characteristics and implements statistical process control using FMEAs and control plans.
- Analyzes defect data to identify areas to improve yield. Works with other process and product engineers to implement process improvements.
- Provides process engineering sustaining support for production products. Works with operators and methods specialists to clarify work instructions.
- Participates in and documents corrective action requests using 9 Step problem solving methodology.
- Applies Six Sigma tools to solve production problems and to improve existing processes. Uses poke yoke principles to prevent production problems.
- Performs AS9100C audits.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Human Resources Manager
Melissa advises BAE Systems on the full HR spectrum. She brings in new talent, prepares team members for success, pops in on payroll and benefits, and shapes the company’s culture.
Back to top