Eng I - Mech
BAE Systems Survivability, Targeting, and Sensing Solutions (STS) seeks a Mechanical Engineer in the Greater Nashua NH area. The candidate will perform mechanical engineering work which requires knowledge and application of basic engineering principles, theories, and concepts to complete assignments associated with the design, development, and production of optomechanical hardware and electronics. The successful candidate will work well individually and in teams under the supervision of Sr. Engineers to generate technical solutions to complex problems. Familiarity with solid modeling, design, thermal, and structural analysis techniques desired. Knowledge of optomechanics and electronics packaging a plus.
Engineering responsibilities / duties include:
- Support of multidisciplinary product design teams: Candidate will support senior engineering personnel in the design , development, and selection of basic hardware components. Assigned duties may include the design of specific packaging modules, mechanisms, and/or components to meet specified requirements.
- Performing mechanical analyses: Candidate will obtain working knowledge of company standard analysis tools, perform static, dynamic, and thermal analyses of mechanical structures and systems.
- Support design verification / validation activities: Candidate will support the fabrication, verification, and environmental testing of hardware including vibration, thermal, shock, and others as required. Will generate hardware prototypes, test plans and reports to document work.
- Generation of presentations and documentation to communicate technical information to internal and external customers
- Supporting the development of technical drawings used in the fabrication of hardware
- Supporting factory Operations personnel to perform root cause assessments and implement solutions for production issues
- Working within prescribed budgets, schedules, and requirements
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Human Resources Manager
Melissa advises BAE Systems on the full HR spectrum. She brings in new talent, prepares team members for success, pops in on payroll and benefits, and shapes the company’s culture.
Back to top