ENG 1 - PROC
The Integrated Electronic Warfare Solutions (IEWS) team is looking for high energy individuals to join their process engineering team in preparation for a significant ramp in production over the next several years. This position will be responsible for transitioning multiple products from a development environment to a full production environment. The process engineering team will be establishing initial production capability for a diverse set of products, and will have significant opportunity to influence the future execution of the overall production environment. This position will predominantly be working with Circuit Card, Module, and Box level RF electronic warfare assemblies, with the opportunity to flex to upstream processes as applicable. This position will provide the successful applicant with a significant opportunity for creativity and influence in establishing a world class production environment.
Responsibilities will include:
- Development of new processes and improvement of existing processes in advance of ramp in production for portfolio of products.
- Application of Lean Manufacturing concepts such as point of use, supermarket, line balancing, poke yoke, etc.
- Application of statistical methods (including opportunity for formal Six Sigma education).
- Analysis of defect data to identify areas to improve yield.
- Participate in and document customer corrective action requests using 9 Step problem solving methodology. Perform Preliminary Material Review/Material Review Board (PMR/MRB) for the disposition of discrepant material and determination of root cause/corrective action.
- Defines and specifies the requirement for assembly tooling, fixtures and equipment to support current manufacturing operations and recommends changes for production ramp-ups.
- Identifies capital equipment needs based on production volume and evaluation of industry trends to improve product quality and consistency.
- Supports the implementation of new automation assembly equipment including programming, process qualifications and supporting tooling design through the tooling group.
- Participates in design reviews for product and process compatibility. Recommends product design and material changes based on improved manufacturing techniques; provides labor and process engineering costs required for proposal activities utilizing historical data and learning curve techniques.
- Provides floor and equipment layouts to promote an efficient flow of product using lean manufacturing principles.
- Provides technical leadership in the transitioning of designs to the manufacturing phase and monitors designs for compliance to design rules, standards and procedures in order to provide consistency in designs and manufacturing processes.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Exhibit sound interpersonal skills involving interfacing, coordinating and negotiating with company personnel at all levels, customers and suppliers.
- Demonstrated ability in applying Lean Manufacturing or Six Sigma tools
- Solid skills in problem solving, statistics, manufacturing quality, and quality principles
- Ability to understand, analyze, and resolve complex technical problems
- Ability to work independently and be effective in a fast paced environment
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing
Preferred Skills and Education
- Formal Six Sigma education / certification
- Experience in Lean supply chain / material presentation techniques
- Experience in Defense Industry manufacturing
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top