BAE Systems is seeking to employ an experienced EMI/EMC Engineer to work on design teams in the development and verification of equipment and systems in the commercial and defense aerospace and ground vehicle propulsion electronics businesses. This is a "hands-on" position that will require the person to collaborate with a number of different engineering teams, from proposal to design to manufacturing. The individual should be a self-starter, energetic, versatile, problem solver, and have a willingness to work as part of a team. The candidate must be willing to travel occasionally in order to assist in providing test oversight, troubleshooting efforts, design support, and work off-shift hours if necessary.
- Complete compliance process including technical, cost, and schedule performance to achieve Earned Value objectives.
- Review Electromagnetic Environmental Effects (E3) requirements, including EMI/EMC/EME/ESD/EMP and lightning; recommend updates/communicate issues to the project team to meet specified product performance.
- Maintain an active presence while participating in design meetings, PWB reviews, as well as driving design efforts toward EMC compliance
- Provide direction in Electromagnetic Interference design of system and LRU packaging and partitioning, internal and external cable design and shielding, grounding and isolation requirements, connector and CCA filtering design and CCA layout recommendations.
- Develop EM and circuit simulation computational models for interference coupling mechanisms, shielding integrity, and circuit/cable interface isolation to mitigate and control conducted/radiated emissions and susceptibility stimuli.
- Prepare and complete EMI control plans, test plans/procedures/reports
- Act as the first contact for EMC test anomalies and collaborate with the engineering team in trouble-shooting EMI test failures
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelor's degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline with minimum of 4 years of job-related experience or equivalent. Equivalent military training and work experience in the EMI discipline may be considered.
- Strong knowledge of RF principles, RF Engineering with an emphasis in EMI engineering
- Demonstrated ability to read, interpret and follow: schematics, engineering drawings, circuit layouts, and parts lists; cable harnesses: wiring diagrams, layout drawings, and parts lists; mechanical assemblies: mechanical drawings and parts lists
- Ability to effectively communicate (verbal and written) with all team members (including customers, suppliers, management, test staff, designers, manufacturing)
- Candidate must be organized, flexible, and able to multitask in a dynamic team environment.
- Proficiency of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Outlook, and Visio.
- Experience working with EMI-oriented mathematical modeling with such tools as Matlab, Mathcad, PSpice.
- Experience with lab test equipment including receivers, spectrum analyzers, generators, amplifiers and antennas
- Occasional travel is expected.
- Applicant must be capable of obtaining a US Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance. A U.S. Citizenship is required. The employer will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in design and test to MIL-STD-461 (A-G), RTCA/DO-160 (C-G)
- Master's degree or higher in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline with minimum of 5 years of job-related experience or equivalent.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in design and test to Boeing D6-16050-4 (A-F)
- Previous EMI/EMC design leadership experience
- Previous Supervisory/management experience in EMI/EMC
- Demonstrate a solid working knowledge of EMC test equipment (such as spectrum analyzers and antennas).
- Strong mathematical background and analytical simulation experience
- iNARTE certification
- Experience working TILE!™ software for the purpose of EMI testing
- Current active US Secret level security clearance or higher
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top