EMI Electronics Technician I
Performs EMI/ EMC qualification tests on moderately complex electronic development and production systems. Assists higher classified technicians in the performance of more complex tests. Provides technical support for engineering personnel working in such areas as research or design/development. Receives instructions, equipment requirements and guidance from supervisor or engineering personnel.
1. Conducts various tests or experiments of moderate complexity, which may require minor modifications in test setups or procedures and the selection, and/or adaptation of standard procedures and equipment.
2. Tests and performs precision measurements on a variety of electronics equipment requiring the effective use of equipment such as oscilloscopes, audio oscillators, RF and microwave sources, audio/RF and microwave power amplifiers, spectrum analyzers, multimeters, watt meters, etc.
3. Processes and computes data using specified formulas and procedures or prepared technical documentation.
4. Performs routine analysis of data to check and verify applicability, practicality and accuracy.
5. Extracts, compiles and interprets a variety of technical data such as charts, data sheets and graphs, under general supervisory direction, and presents such data in prescribed format as required.
Performs other duties and responsibilities as required. Required Skills and Education Familiarization with general lab test equipment such as oscilloscopes, audio oscillators, RF and microwave sources, audio/RF and microwave power amplifiers, spectrum analyzers, multimeters, watt meters, etc. Preferred Skills and Education Requires an Associate’s Degree in Electronic Engineering Technology or four (4) years directly related experience About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top