EMI Electronic Technician I
Performs EMI/ EMC qualification tests on moderately complex electronic development and production systems. Assists higher classified technicians in the performance of more complex tests. Provides technical support for engineering personnel working in such areas as research or design/development. Receives instructions, equipment requirements and guidance from supervisor or engineering personnel.
1. Conducts various tests or experiments of moderate complexity, which may require minor modifications in test setups or procedures and the selection, and/or adaptation of standard procedures and equipment.
2. Tests and performs precision measurements on a variety of electronics equipment requiring the effective use of equipment such as oscilloscopes, audio oscillators, RF and microwave sources, audio/RF and microwave power amplifiers, spectrum analyzers, multimeters, watt meters, etc.
3. Processes and computes data using specified formulas and procedures or prepared technical documentation.
4. Performs routine analysis of data to check and verify applicability, practicality and accuracy.
5. Extracts, compiles and interprets a variety of technical data such as charts, data sheets and graphs, under general supervisory direction, and presents such data in prescribed format as required.
Performs other duties and responsibilities as required. Required Skills and Education Required education: Associates or equivalent experience
Familiarization with general lab test equipment such as oscilloscopes, audio oscillators, RF and microwave sources, audio/RF and microwave power amplifiers, spectrum analyzers, multimeters, watt meters, etc. Preferred Skills and Education Experience with LABVIEW and TILE programming tools for the control of instrumentation.
Requires an Associate’s Degree in Electronic Engineering Technology or four (4) years directly related experience. About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 100,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Electronic Solutions, based in Nashua, New Hampshire, provides systems and products that maximize the effectiveness and safety of fighting forces and first responders. Its offerings include infrared countermeasures and electronic protection systems for military and civilian aircraft; information management systems; signal acquisition, analysis, and exploitation systems that optimize use of the electromagnetic spectrum by friendly forces while denying its use by adversaries; interoperable communications systems for firefighters and other first responders; thermal weapon sights; precision targeting systems; situational awareness systems for ground vehicles; night-vision systems; identification friend or foe systems; and radiation-hardened electronics. Electronic Solutions also includes the group’s Technology Solutions unit, which joins the business with government research organizations and industry to develop and demonstrate innovative system concepts in such areas as situational awareness, communications and networking, and precision targeting. People are the greatest asset in any Company … BAE Systems is committed to a high performance culture and provides an environment that challenges our employees to be remarkable and obtain their full potential. Equal Opportunity Employer. Females. Minorities. Veterans. Disabled
Back to top