Emerging Capabilities Architect
- Sterling, VA
BAE Systems is building a team of Computer System Architects to design and define system architecture for new or existing complex computer systems within the Intelligence Community. Our team of architects will determine systems specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility and maintenance of system security. The team will coordinate design of subsystems, integration of total system, as well as identify, analyze, and resolve program support deficiencies. The team will also develops and recommend corrective actions, as well as provide technical guidance for database administrators and software developers.
ECRA Task Lead. Develops understanding of the nature and characteristics of the architecture data environment. Re-engineer systems to organize and funnel data through the most efficient available configuration, and translate the most valuable data into meaningful discussions that assist users and decisions makes in solving problems. Support the development, engineering, and integration of prototypes, at a readiness level enabling transition into one or more programs of record, that enable the Government to transform data into information that can be readily disseminated and used.
Work Locations for this opportunity are located primarily in Sterling VA and Joint Base Anacostia Bolling. However, other work locations are available in Reston VA, Charlottesville VA, Doral Florida and other CONUS and OCONUS. We're hiring multiple candidates for this position, ranging in skill levels from Senior to Subject Matter Expert.
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or engineering related discipline.
- 9-12 years |13+ years of related experience.
- Active TS clearance.
- 10+ years experience of increasing responsibility in DOD system/software development and considered an expert in assignment related technical area.
- Linux (RedHat/CentOS preferred), Windows server, AWS, and VMWare-based virtual platforms.
- Experience with server and storage architecture (HP, Dell, EMC).
- DoD 8570 compliant with a minimum of CompTIA Security + certification.
- Experience supporting the missions of analysts in the Defense Intelligence Agency or Combatant Commands.
- Experience with a variety of platform technologies and solution architectures, as well as full lifecycle deployment models (requirements development through operations).
- Experience with state-of-the-art systems engineering principles and hardware design concepts.
- Experience with system testing and validation.
- Experience with Agile Development methodologies.
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top