Emergency Management Specialist
BAE Systems is seeking skilled Emergency Management Specialists to support a government customer. Qualified Candidates will support provide operational and staff support for Emergency Management (EM) which includes all-hazard Emergency Preparedness (EP), Antiterrorism/Force Protection (AT/FP), Land Mobile Radio (LMR), Continuity of Operations and Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear and High-Yield Explosive (CBRNE). Candidates may be required to assist with, prepare, and execute exercise scenarios. To be successful, Candidates will need to be able to interpret government regulations and applicable codes, and advise government management on the best course of action to ensure compliance; this may include gathering and analyzing law enforcement related information and collaborating with external entities.. This may also include vulnerability assessments, reviews, and assessments of facilities. Prepares and conducts briefings and overviews to educate personnel and submits position and information papers in response to government requirements. Reaches out to identify opportunities for internal and external partnership development and supports/maintains information-sharing relationships. Selected Candidates will identify best practices, benchmarks and lessons learned across the EM discipline and make continuous improvements to EM programs, procedures and capabilities. Qualified Candidates will develops programs, procedures and contingency plans based on a risk approach and proposes solutions that monitor, evaluate and enable resolution to safeguard the workforce, reduce property loss, and support mission continuity Candidates may be required to complete and keep current of FEMA/DHS approved Incident Command System (ICS) training (e.g., ICS-100/4200).
Typical Education & Experience
Typically Bachelor's Degree and 12+ years of equivalent experience related to the required skills section
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelor's degree and 12+ years of experience
- Experience in performing three or more areas of the following: All-Hazards EP, LMR Program, CBRNE, Crisis Management, Strategic EM, CBRNE or Antiterrorism/Force Protection (AT/FP) Planning and Policy and participation in EM or Continuity of Operations exercises, and participation in national or DoD level homeland security EM or Mission Assurance exercises.
- Certification from FEMA for Incident Command System (ICS) training (e.g., ICS-100/200/300/400/700/800) and Level I Professional Continuity Planner certificate required.
- Industry certification from International Association of Emergency Management (IAEM) desired.
- Knowledge of the Home land Security Exercise and Eval uat i on Program (HSEEP).
- Completion and currency of a DoD Vul nerability Assessment course
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top