Performs a wide variety of plating and coating processes which include but are not limited to: Chrome, Nickel, Cadmium, Zinc, Phosphate conversion coating for Aluminum, anodizing and selective brush plating. Plating and coating processes involve cleaning, preparing and plating a variety of ferrous and nonferrous metals and alloys for the purpose of corrosion prevention, paint base, increased wear resistance, hardness, obtaining decorative finishes or restoration of overhaul items for reuse.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities;
1. Works from drawings, sketches, lab reports or routings to determine appropriate plating and coating process/procedures to be used. Occasionally fabricates holding fixtures and anodes to be used when plating difficult or complex parts.
2. Works to extremely close tolerances as required for specified electrodeposited coatings.
3. Works under the supervision of a Team Leader who gives minimal instructions. Team Leader is available for consultation. Upon completion of a job, electroplater will close job sequence or operation in computer system which verifies the work is complete and conforms to quality requirements.
4. Employee is responsible for maintaining/improving housekeeping standard in his/her work area and adheres to established safety rules and practices.
5. Must understand shop floor computerized time and attendance system and independently execute assigned responsibilities. Examples of those are: clocking in and out upon arrival and departure from work, close shop order operations when work is complete, etc.
Required Skills and Education
1. Must Possess the knowledge, skill and ability to apply electroplating principles in identifying problems such as: insufficient cleaning, pitting, poor adhesion or rough deposits and the ability to locate and correct probable causes.
2. Must possess the knowledge and ability to apply shop math and geometric functions to determine surface area being plated and voltage/amperage requirements needed to perform the specified process.
3. Must have the knowledge and skill to set, use and read precision measuring instruments.
4. Must have the ability to read and interpret drawings and sketches.
The work requires the employee to stand for long periods of time and be able to stoop, bend, reach and climb. Frequently handles objects weighing up to 10 pounds. Occasionally lifts objects weighing up to 40 pounds. Cranes, hand trucks and other lifting and moving equipment are available for heavier loads.
Preferred Skills and Education
High School Diploma
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. With headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, this Platform and Services Group of BAE Systems employs nearly 11,000 professionals at more than 30 locations worldwide. Platform and Services is a global leader in the design, development, production, and service support of armored combat vehicles, major and minor caliber naval guns and missile launchers, canisters, artillery systems, and intelligent munitions. People are the greatest asset in any Company. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top