Electro-Optical Product Engineer
BAE Systems is looking for a Product Engineering candidate to support manufacturing and testing in its New Hampshire facilities.
This position will include the following activities:
1. Support manufacturing while troubleshooting electro-optical systems and their subcomponents.
2. Direct, conduct or support system and sub-system testing to validate compliance to system requirements.
3. Interface with Engineering and other supporting functions to drive defect resolution to root cause.
4. Support manufacturing and test equipment maintenance.
5. Generate and implement continuous improvements in build and test processes to reduce cost, increase throughput and ensure Producibility of designs
6. Generate and review the technical content of test procedures, drawings, engineering specifications, reports, Engineering Change Orders, and other documentation associated with the design.
7. Interface with governmental customers, auditors and vendors as required
8. Provide training / support to manufacturing personnel.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 6 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or similar technical degree and 6+ years related experience
- Strong familiarity with the test, measurement and manufacturing techniques of electro-optical and infrared systems, lasers, fiber optics and free space optics.
- Strong familiarity with a variety of complex communications protocols including, but not limited to Ethernet, RS232, RS422, RS485, HotLink™, and MIL-STD-1553.
- Knowledge and proficiency in the use of electronic and optical test equipment such as signal generators, oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, collimators, alignment telescopes, cameras and beam profilers,
-The candidate must have strong hands-on skills and have the ability and desire to work in a manufacturing environment including class, 100, 1000 and 10000 clean rooms.
- The candidate should have demonstrably strong problem analysis and solving skills
-Ability to driving Non-Conformance and other product related failure activities to route cause/corrective action
- Must be highly motivated and have experience in leadership and team building skills, along with strong oral and written communications skills
-Work with the program team to derive manufacturing processes, test points, allocation, and product build workflow
- Experience in electronics manufacturing including compliance to AS9100 and IPC-610/620 requirements.
-Must be a US citizen eligible for a DOD security clearance
Preferred Skills and Education
P referr ed skills:
- Basic Lean/Flow knowledge; Six-Sigma Certified with heavy emphasis on data driven problem solving.
-Understand design margins and predict factory yields.
- Provide a "Left Shift" mentality to engage Design for Manufacturing and Maintainability (DFM2) and Design for Test (DFT)
-Provide technical support to Engineering by influencing the design approach, schedule, budget, trade studies and analysis
-Have an understanding of adhesive selection, torque requirements, bond line processes, tooling/fixturing, wire routing to prevent noise/chaffing and factory flow layout
-Experience with facilities, program and capital planning
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux operating systems.
- Familiarity with the Microsoft Windows (XP, Windows 7) Operating Systems and software development on these platforms.
- Capabilities in National Instruments LabWindows/CVI programming and/or other similar test software development toolsets
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 100,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Electronic Solutions, based in Nashua, New Hampshire, provides systems and products that maximize the effectiveness and safety of fighting forces and first responders. Its offerings include infrared countermeasures and electronic protection systems for military and civilian aircraft; information management systems; signal acquisition, analysis, and exploitation systems that optimize use of the electromagnetic spectrum by friendly forces while denying its use by adversaries; interoperable communications systems for firefighters and other first responders; thermal weapon sights; precision targeting systems; situational awareness systems for ground vehicles; night-vision systems; identification friend or foe systems; and radiation-hardened electronics. Electronic Solutions also includes the group's Technology Solutions unit, which joins the business with government research organizations and industry to develop and demonstrate innovative system concepts in such areas as situational awareness, communications and networking, and precision targeting. People are the greatest asset in any Company ... BAE Systems is committed to a high performance culture and provides an environment that challenges our employees to be remarkable and obtain their full potential. Equal Opportunity Employer. Females. Minorities. Veterans. Disabled
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top