ElectroOptic Sensor Scientist
BAE Systems is seeking energetic candidates to augment our research and development team focused on cutting edge Electro-Optical Infrared (EOIR) sensors. The successful candidate will be an individual contributor and program team lead responsible for developing and demonstrating next generation EOIR sensors, systems, algorithms, and techniques.
Specific job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Model, analyze, and test EOIR systems and components for a variety of military/commercial applications.
- Execute and analyze EOIR laboratory and field experiments.
- Develop and demonstrate advanced algorithms for EOIR systems including image processing, filtering, detection, remote sensing, or laser ranging.
- Develop and demonstrate systems prototypes.
- Lead small interdisciplinary teams to meet program technical and schedule goals
- Develop external proposals for novel technologies, algorithms, or systems
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- BS in EE, Physics, Optics, Electro-optics, Mathematics or equivalent with 12+ years of experience working with complex EOIR systems; or MS in EE, Physics, Optics, Electro-Optics , Mathematics or equivalent with 10+ years of experience working with complex EOIR systems.
- US Citizen with active Secret clearance.
- Experience designing and deploying algorithms for Electro-Optic applications
- Experience working with multi-disciplinary teams consisting of mechanical, electrical, optical, software and systems engineers.
- Experience working independently and interacting effectively with project management to achieve project goals.
- Experience implementing systems engineering practices and working knowledge of DoD product development lifecycle
- Modeling and simulation expertise in at least one common language (i.e. MATLAB, Mathmatica, Python, C/++, etc.)
- Current TS/SCI
- Demonstrated history of proposals, project capture, and customer interaction
- Expertise in at least one optical application including Infrared Countermeasures, Passive detection and tracking, LIDAR, coherent LIDAR, atmospheric modeling
- Expertise in closed loop pointing and control such as gimbal control
- Working knowledge of lasers, precision pointing of laser beams, design of pointing systems, performance testing of optical components and subsystems, technology and system trade studies related to ladar and atmospheric modeling.
- Expertise in software, firmware, electrical or mechanical hardware
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Program Engineering Manager
Arun oversees the technical and operational aspects of engine control system projects for the company’s commercial airline clients around the world.
Back to top