Electronics Assembler (Soldering)
I. BASIC FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
To produce a variety of small parts and circuit cards; assemble and wire basic components and subassemblies; and to solder in accordance with J-STD-001.
II. PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (Duties and responsibilities which occupy a major portion of time and importance in the job. Incumbent(s) perform one or more of the following duties.)
1. Modifies, fabricates and builds equipment and subassemblies working from layout diagrams, schematics, wire prints and verbal instructions. Aligns and joins parts into housing using hand and power tools.
2. Installs components and parts on chassis, circuit boards, panels and other units using power tools, hand tools and various soldering equipment. Routes and attaches wires and connectors to form circuitry and connect assembly with power supply sources.
3. Performs intermediate assembly tasks such as potting, encapsulating, cleaning, coating, epoxy bonding, wiring, stamping, etching and color coding parts and assemblies.
4. Wires various wire cable assemblies to both inside and outside chassis. Assembles and attaches functional and cosmetic hardware such as caps, clamps and knobs using hand and power tools.
5. Installs finished assemblies and subassemblies in cases or cabinets. Performs touch up painting of cabinets prior to shipping.
6. Mounts equipment in cabinets or on shelves in vans, ships and test beds using detailed work instructions.
7. Uses visual aids, drawings, verbal and written instructions to prepare automatic and manual production machinery and equipment to produce small coils and other parts to specifications.
8. Performs other related duties as assigned.
A. Physical Tasks
Requires sitting, standing and operating hand crimping tools. Occasionally lifts and carries objects up to 30 pounds.
B. Working Conditions
Work primarily occurs in a controlled environment. May occasionally work outside or in shelters. May be required to work extended hours or weekends. Works with hazardous cutting tools and chemicals. Required Skills and Education Required education: High School/GED and 2 years of related assembly / electronics manufacturing experience.
Experience soldering in accordance with J-STD-001.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Information Solutions, based in Reston, Virginia, is among the 10 largest IT providers to the U.S. government, serving most of the federal defense and civilian marketplace. It provides network-centric command, control, computing, and intelligence (C3I) solutions; wideband networking radio systems; information systems for the U.S. intelligence community; geospatial information services; and information technology services. Leveraging its knowledge of signals and data derived from signals, Information Solutions has attained a market-leading position in advanced information technology research, intelligence analysis and production, and geospatial exploitation software. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top