Electronic Warfare Senior Principal Systems Engineer
Ready to make a difference? Our employees develop, build and work on the world's most advanced electromagnetic spectrum operations systems - detecting, locating and countering threats for joint and international aircrew. We develop highly sophisticated digital Electronic Warfare (EW) systems and we are looking for motivated and positive minded engineers highly skilled in Electronic Attack (EA) to join cross-functional, multi-disciplinary teams. Key EW program objectives are to improve/enhance air vehicle survivability, through the abilities to detect, deny, deceive, degrade and/or disrupt adversaries Integrated Air Defenses. Drawing strength from our differences, we are innovating for the future, and you can, too. Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first - exemplified by our mission: "We Protect Those Who Protect Us®." Come build your career with us.
Duties and Responsibilities: This position will involve leadership opportunities, growth path to Chief Engineer, developing new EA/ES capabilities efforts for application in EW systems and performing systems engineering functions such as developing and managing systems level requirements, developing operational systems concepts, performing system architecture trade studies, originating design concepts or performing systems level integration and test for highly complex systems.
Responsibilities may include:
1. Leading a team of engineers (Hardware, Software, Systems, EE, etc.) on EA/ES related programs.
2. Leads one of more of the following systems engineering functions:
a. Analyzes and develops EA techniques / ES solutions to counter current and emerging threats to airborne platforms.
b. Reviews, develops and documents system level operational concepts and mission statements.
c. Develops and evaluates complex system designs and architectures.
d. Develops and analyzes mathematically complex and computationally intricate EA and geolocation algorithms.
e. Leads system level integration and test of EA/ES systems.
f. Leads lab debug and analysis of EA techniques.
g. Verifies and validates complex system designs to ensure conformance with functional specifications and customer requirements.
3. Supports proposal development activities, including proposal text development, cost estimating and presentation activities.
4. Estimating systems cost and schedules by reviewing statements of work for new and revised projects.
5. Preparing and deliver customer and technical presentations.
6. Will have extensive outside contact with customers, other contractors and government officials.
Typical Education & Experience
Required Skills and Education
Required Skills: Specific skills within the Electronic Attack (EA)/Electronic Warfare Support (ES) divisions of Electronic Warfare (EW) to include:
- Bachelor Degree and 10+yrs experience.
- Leadership skills and experience directing and mentoring engineers on complex programs.
- Expertise in System Architectures
- Expertise in Radar and Missile System employment, capabilities and processing to include Electronic Protect (EP).
- Expertise with the development of onboard and/or offboard EA systems as it relates to platform survivability.
- EW system hardware design knowledge as it relates to the detection and countering of radar and missile system engagements.
- Expert in radar signal processing techniques including EP.
- Expert in radar operation and employment including cooperative engagements.
- Expert in RWR and SIGINT systems.
- In depth understanding of digital signal processing concepts including FFT and DRFM
- RF / FPGA IV&V skills to include lab debug and analysis work.- Ability to analyze and model atmospheric propagation of RF signals.
- In depth knowledge of advanced antenna technologies and performance. Ability to model antenna impacts on received and transmitted signals. Understanding of antenna patterns, polarization, bandwidth, beamwidth etc.
- Expert in effectively documenting, communicating, leading and working with a team on designs, results, reports and presentations.
Preferred Skills and Education
Bachelor Degree and 15+yrs experience / Masters Degree and 13+yrs experience .
Top Secret Clearance
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Back to top