Electronic Warfare Product Line Engineering Director
BAE Systems is seeking experienced and energetic engineering professionals to lead established and expanding engineering teams focused on delivering cutting edge of Electronic Warfare (EW) solutions. We are looking for qualified candidates to serve as Product Line Engineering Leads (PLELs) for our Electronic Attack and Small Form Factor EW Product Lines in our Electronic Combat Solutions (ECS) business area.
These leaders will report directly to the ECS Business Area Engineering Director and work as an integral team member of the Product Line staff, providing engineering leadership to grow the business through development and execution of effective product line strategies. As BAE Systems ECS is a technology driven business, the PLEL is key to ensuring that the product line has effective capabilities, technologies, products and talent.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Direct support to the Product Line Leadership Team as an Engineering business partner
- Business partner responsible for supporting strategy development, growth, and business execution.
- Principle customer interface for understanding mission needs
- Translates customer needs to vision / effective strategies for advancing our warfighting solutions
- Leads/supports the development of product line capability, product, technology, and talent strategies in collaboration with the Product Line Leaders and adjacent Engineering / Technology organizations.
- Leadership communications to keep the product line informed of Engineering initiatives, actions, and plans.
- Key member of the ECS Business Area Engineering staff contributing to engineering talent development, strategy & operations, and continuous improvement.
- Accountable to the ECS Business Area Engineering Director for effective support of the product line, consistent with Engineering policy, processes, and defined objectives
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 12 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
Typical Education and Experience
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Scientific Fields and 15 years work experience, or equivalent experience
Required Skills :
- Active Top Secret security clearance
- Knowledge of warfighting missions, defense markets, and Department of Defense acquisition
- Ability to create effective system/product concepts/solutions to needs and opportunities
- Skilled in business capture and strategy development. Ability to think strategically and formulate strategic vision, strategies and lead/implement action plans to achieve business goals in a changing environment
- Proven ability to develop and maintain effective customer rapport and trust
- Effectively collaborates and networks within and across organizational boundaries
- Proven ability to lead, influence, and inspire diverse technical staffs
Preferred Skills and Education :
- Expertise and knowledge of EW missions, threats, applications, methods and technologies
- Experienced in system/product design, development and life cycle support
- Ability to assess competitive strengths/weakness and develop/advance strategies to resolve
- Competent in Engineering talent acquisition, management, development, and mentoring/coaching
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top