Electronic Warfare (ESM/EA) Software Engineer
BAE Systems is looking for an Electronic Warfare (ESM/EA) Software Engineer. In this role you will protect our military personnel by designing and developing mission-critical software for Electronic Warfare (EW) systems specifically in the areas of Electronic Support Measures (ESM) and Radar Warning Receivers (RWR), Electronic Attack (EA) and Electronic Countermeasures (ECM). Ensure that our software meets stringent government requirements and desired specifications, considering the constraints of budgets, aggressive schedules and rigorous processes to ensure quality.
Perform software development tasks that include the full lifecycle of the product including: requirements gathering, design, code, and test for both real-time embedded systems and the software tools needed to test, integrate, and validate them. Apply object oriented concepts utilizing the C++ programming language. Able to be part of and/or lead a dynamic Software Engineering team supporting multiple product lines. Be a mentor to less experienced engineers. Take responsibility for advanced solutions to complex problems while communicating effectively to engineering and program management.
Our diverse set of programs range from demonstrating proof-of-concept prototypes, to delivering “quick reaction” capabilities, to meeting emerging military needs, to developing and sustaining our operational systems for decades. Bring your experience with industry best practices, emerging technologies, and quantitative management and your innovative spirit to help us meet our country’s most pressing military needs now and in the future. Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 12 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education Required Education, Experience & Skills:
- Bachelors Degree in a related field and 12+ years of experience OR a Masters Degree in a related field with 10+ years of experience. (Experience must be on software development efforts in a team environment)
- Experience developing software for state of the art mission-critical EW Systems to include at least one of the following: ESM, RWR, EA, ECM.
- Experience with Object Oriented Design and Code with C++ implementation
- Experience with configuration control of software in a large development environment
- US citizenship and must be able to obtain or have an interim secret clearance before beginning employment.
Preferred Skills and Education Preferred Education, Experience & Skills:
- Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Strong C++ programming skills in an embedded environment
- Ability to successfully lead a Software Engineering team
- Previous responsibility for budget and schedule of a complex Software solution
- Embedded Linux development background and the use of open source development tools
- Experience in the EW signal processing domain with algorithm implementation experience related to ESM and/or EA.
- Ability to estimate cost and schedules by reviewing statements of work, change requests, or other documentation related to a new or modified program proposal.
- Current Secret clearance and ability to successfully obtain a Top Secret Clearance
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Electronic Systems, based in Nashua, New Hampshire, provides systems and products that maximize the effectiveness and safety of fighting forces and first responders. Its offerings include infrared countermeasures and electronic protection systems for military and civilian aircraft; information management systems; signal acquisition, analysis, and exploitation systems that optimize use of the electromagnetic spectrum by friendly forces while denying its use by adversaries; interoperable communications systems for firefighters and other first responders; thermal weapon sights; precision targeting systems; situational awareness systems for ground vehicles; night-vision systems; identification friend or foe systems; and radiation-hardened electronics.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top